Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am going to try some of these suggestions; although, I am fine with the manual control.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Not entirely. Simply warming air lowers the relative humidity. See my above post.
More than 1 way to skin a cat.

His response was to the question of why turning on AC won’t work in below freezing temps.

Even though we don’t get cold much in Florida, we have tons of humidity. If I park outside, the windshield will fog in the morning and heat does tend to do the trick.

The issue is the OP doesn’t like the range drain.

Another “low tech” help would just having a microfiber cloth in the car to wipe the moisture off the window. Not a permanent fix but can help. Moisture is the enemy in this situation.

OP
OP
blink

blink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red MME+
Still have this problem, unfortunately. I did have another Mach E before this, but never had this problem. So I think there's something wrong somewhere. I know there's been one update previously that was supposed to solve this issue, but it hasn't solved mine. I'm definitively not going for long drives as long as I need to max the air every 2 or 10 minutes, as it's both distracting and noisy. It's very bothersome

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Only occasional fogging for me, it goes away on its own in less than a minutes so I don't even bother pressing defrost for it. Just wait it out.

I notice the fogging usually happens shortly after slowing down less than about 50 kph (such as right after a turn). If you cruise at constant highway speed you won't get it. Interesting speed logic.

AngryMan

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OLD 2021 Select , NEW 2023 GT...RED !
Occupation
Living the good life
Country flag
Ive seen quite a few "hack" stories that say put rice or kitty litter in a breathable bag and place that in the car to draw out the condensation . I haven't tried it yet .but If someone does ...report back to us on the results

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Still have this problem, unfortunately. I did have another Mach E before this, but never had this problem. So I think there's something wrong somewhere. I know there's been one update previously that was supposed to solve this issue, but it hasn't solved mine. I'm definitively not going for long drives as long as I need to max the air every 2 or 10 minutes, as it's both distracting and noisy. It's very bothersome
Just curious, if you are on Auto speed 2, with the Temp on 68 and you click the AC toggle also on does it fog? I go all winter with Auto 1, 68 and I click on AC if I see any fog, no issues.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have noticed that if I am patient that the car will clear up after fogging lately. The issue, as you probably find, is if it fogs up too much I have to defrost for safety. However, as @MachLee stated mine will clear up on its own if I am patient and I have been driving down to -20F the last few days. What I wish I understood is what causes it to cycle like it does. All is fine and then BOOM the car fogs up. I do not run it in Auto but I may give it a third try now that I have found that it will clear up if I am patient; however, the fogging seems worse in Auto. It does not matter if the car mats (rubber) are wet or dry for the fogging to occur.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Just curious, if you are on Auto speed 2, with the Temp on 68 and you click the AC toggle also on does it fog? I go all winter with Auto 1, 68 and I click on AC if I see any fog, no issues.
This was covered on the previous page, but again A/C doesn't operate when it's below freezing outside. Pressing the button wouldn't turn on the A/C.

I have noticed that if I am patient that the car will clear up after fogging lately. The issue, as you probably find, is if it fogs up too much I have to defrost for safety. However, as @MachLee stated mine will clear up on its own if I am patient and I have been driving down to -20F the last few days. What I wish I understood is what causes it to cycle like it does. All is fine and then BOOM the car fogs up. I do not run it in Auto but I may give it a third try now that I have found that it will clear up if I am patient; however, the fogging seems worse in Auto. It does not matter if the car mats (rubber) are wet or dry for the fogging to occur.
The fogging is caused when it automatically switches from fresh air to recirc mode (part of the HVAC strategy). It's doing this to try to save heat. When the humidity sensor detects high humidity (which takes a couple seconds), then it switches back to fresh air and the fogging clears.

You could argue there's really no point at -20ÂşF because it fogs instantly, so almost no heat savings. The strategy is much more effective at saving heat with warmer temps 20-60ÂşF. They're trying to compensate for the heater being undersized, but it just doesn't work at -20ÂşF. Luckily the new ones have bigger 7 kW heaters now to solve the limited heat issue.

OP
OP
blink

blink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red MME+
If I let it fog, I'm pretty sure I'll be blinded. The fog starts spreading through the front windshield very quickly.

The fogging is caused when it automatically switches from fresh air to recirc mode (part of the HVAC strategy). It's doing this to try to save heat. When the humidity sensor detects high humidity (which takes a couple seconds), then it switches back to fresh air and the fogging clears.
So it might be solvable by software, then? Tweaking of the sensors. At the very least an option to set it to winter mode with different settings might help

I tried most of the combinations, I think. I tried only using the windshield and foot warmer settings as well. Mach Lee might be right about the AC, but I did try turning it off and on several times before making this thread, so I did test it in any regard

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

timofeje

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Long Range
Country flag
Actually this is a known issue. Ford has a Technical Service Bulletin for this.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Windows constantly fogging up 1705437052673
Sponsored