Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Just arrived: Vredestein Wintrac Pro - 245/45/20 on ASA GT14 wheels 20x8.5. Now, if Ford can deliver my car....
Ford Mustang Mach-E Winter tires Tire tread

Ford Mustang Mach-E Winter tires Tire tread
Ford is messing with you worse than they’re messing with me Eric. ??

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Two points I discovered:

1. Steel rims fit on the select model. You just need to spec them right. Got mine from Costco.

2. Vehicle doesn't give a crap if no TPMS installed. Canadian spec Car so Americans may not have same experience.

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
Steel wheels do fit

And no issues. Got them from Costco as well

Weight capacity 1900lbs

Also got myself black lug nuts for winter on Amazon

20211116_211202_HDR.jpg

20211116_170526.jpg

taikajim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EXAWD + KW V3 coilovers
Country flag
Couldn't find myself a satisfying rim for the winter tires, so I just put the Continentals on the 19" "Liquid Ebony" rims. I believe that might be "Premium" for Americans.

Here's to hoping something fancy shows up for the summer season next year.

VikingContact 7s seem to agree with the car pretty nicely, the ride feels better than with the OEM Bridgestones the car shipped with. None of that Nokian R3 wobbliness.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Steel wheels do fit

And no issues. Got them from Costco as well

Weight capacity 1900lbs

Also got myself black lug nuts for winter on Amazon

Ford Mustang Mach-E Winter tires 20211116_170526

Ford Mustang Mach-E Winter tires 20211116_170526

I noticed the rims are heavy as frak. I expect my range will drop like a rock.

Got link for the nuts?

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Couldn't find myself a satisfying rim for the winter tires, so I just put the Continentals on the 19" "Liquid Ebony" rims. I believe that might be "Premium" for Americans.

Here's to hoping something fancy shows up for the summer season next year.

VikingContact 7s seem to agree with the car pretty nicely, the ride feels better than with the OEM Bridgestones the car shipped with. None of that Nokian R3 wobbliness.
I'm using Viking Contact 18". Have you noticed the ride is harsher than stocK? Stock tires are Michelin

taikajim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EXAWD + KW V3 coilovers
Country flag
I'm using Viking Contact 18". Have you noticed the ride is harsher than stocK? Stock tires are Michelin
My car shipped with Bridgestone Turanzas, and the softer rubber feels better on our superharsh roads, without losing the structure of the tire. So over all an upgrade, at the probable cost of efficiency and longevity.

JLT-66

First Name
Kjell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Winter tires Dezent

Dezent 19 x 8 rim with Nokian Suv WR 225/55 x 19

fixed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Select RWD
Country flag
i'm also on vikingcontact in an 18. this is on a select. i'm downsized an inch. ride does seem slightly harsher than stock...more from a slap going over an expansion joint. it doesn't really make it into the cabin as vibration. i'm not that sensitive to this stuff.

can confirm the US spec of this car dgaf about TPMS. it doesn't even notice that the wheels don't have TPMS about 90% of the time. the worst it ever cares is flashing a warning at you that you can easily dismiss. honestly that feature alone makes me love the car even more. not sure how "legal" it is that ford hasn't figured out how to not recognize missing TPMS but ssh....no one tell them.

in a few weeks once i'm driving up a poorly maintained dirt road every day to ski i'll tell you how the tires do...and how the rwd mme select does.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i'm also on vikingcontact in an 18. this is on a select. i'm downsized an inch. ride does seem slightly harsher than stock...more from a slap going over an expansion joint. it doesn't really make it into the cabin as vibration. i'm not that sensitive to this stuff.

can confirm the US spec of this car dgaf about TPMS. it doesn't even notice that the wheels don't have TPMS about 90% of the time. the worst it ever cares is flashing a warning at you that you can easily dismiss. honestly that feature alone makes me love the car even more. not sure how "legal" it is that ford hasn't figured out how to not recognize missing TPMS but ssh....no one tell them.

in a few weeks once i'm driving up a poorly maintained dirt road every day to ski i'll tell you how the tires do...and how the rwd mme select does.
The TPMS warning comes on after a while, need to drive around 20km I think. Then you just acknowledge it and go on.

Mach-e4x

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e 4x, 2016 Mazda CX5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I bought 18" ASA wheels and Viking Contact with TPMS, no issues so far. I like the ride and sound better than the 19" stock tires.

jdunc87

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT PE, 20 Mustang GT 401A PP1, 21 F150
Occupation
make stuff go faster
Country flag
just bought some 20in niche wheels and continental vikings. extremely impressed by the road noise (almost non existent) dry pavement handling/performance is great, havent yet seen any snow action to know the side of things.

ashul2

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Winter tires Dezent

Dezent 19 x 8 rim with Nokian Suv WR 225/55 x 19
Are those on a GT performance? If they are, do they actually work well and drive nicely? I want to put 19s on my GTPE for winter but want to make sure that it'll fit before Shelly out 2K