Winter tires

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Man you guys buy expensive tires. I've been rolling on General Tire Altimax Arctics for ever.
Sponsored

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Man you guys buy expensive tires. I've been rolling on General Tire Altimax Arctics for ever.
Rolling Nokian Happ 2 on my Sentra until this year. Now rolling Conti Viking Contacts. Got Happa 9 on my Rogue. All non-studded since I park in underground parking lots

Metv707

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Anyone have any luck finding wheels that match the specs we are seeing on this site (18 or 19x7, 47 offset, maybe 5x108)? Don’t know much on the subject, would a 18x7.5 or 18x8 be ok? Load ratings also seem to be a problem.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Anyone have any luck finding wheels that match the specs we are seeing on this site (18 or 19x7, 47 offset, maybe 5x108)? Don’t know much on the subject, would a 18x7.5 or 18x8 be ok? Load ratings also seem to be a problem.
19x7 are going to be hard to find. 19x8 is very common, and I think it will work fine. But we won't know for sure until somebody tries it.

Thopter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Specialized Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO
Country flag
I had Pirelli Scorpion Winter tires on my Taycan last winter. In January/February/March I drove that for 11,000 miles (across the TransCanada highway to Vancouver, south to San Diego, east to the Florida Keys, and north home in Maine). Highly recommended. I saw temps from -10° to 80°F. Snowstorms, ice covered roads, heavy rains, and blue skies. Always great traction. And even after lots of miles in warmer weather, more than half the tread left.

tl;dr: If you drive in Snow, Get Snow Tires.
Please do not do this. You did not have good traction in the heat, and were in fact a danger to others.

https://www.nokiantires.com/company...y-you-shouldn-t-drive-winter-tires-in-summer/

Louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Country flag

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
That leaves $100,000 for food. And cat toys. And diesel for my RV.
or a second Mach-E and still have money for food, cat toys, and diesel for your RV

Louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Country flag
or a second Mach-E and still have money for food, cat toys, and diesel for your RV
Yeah, but my cat died before I could teach him to drive. So I only need one Mach-E. Though, I suppose I could give one away as a gift.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Yeah, but my cat died before I could teach him to drive. So I only need one Mach-E. Though, I suppose I could give one away as a gift.
your replacement cat could be Toonces.

bobbobton

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
What about all weather tires that are snow rated? I see TFL put Michelin Cross Climate on their model Y but I can’t find the proper size for the Premium 19 inch Mach-e wheels. Trying to find a set that fits and has low rolling resistance and is rated for the weight of the Mach-e.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag