Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I had my phone laying on the wireless charging pad. It takes about an hour or so to get home from work. When I was a block from home I grabbed my phone and it was very hot and it had a temperature warning on the Home Screen . Anyone else experience this? Solution besides don’t put your phone there?
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
what kind of phone do you have?

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
My phone gets pretty warm when it charges for a couple hours in the car....never got an overtemp warning though. I have read that the thicker the case the more heat will buildup, so maybe try the phone without a case and see if that helps then perhaps shop for a different case.

OP
OP
Daraiders76

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
iPhone 11 Pro Max

Starlight

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Select
Country flag
Same thing happened to me today. Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Never had a phone get that hot from charging (at all), but especially not while I had my A/C blasting the whole time. Also with no other apps running besides Android Auto the wireless charger wasn't enough to keep my battery from dying completely.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I had my phone laying on the wireless charging pad. It takes about an hour or so to get home from work. When I was a block from home I grabbed my phone and it was very hot and it had a temperature warning on the Home Screen . Anyone else experience this? Solution besides don’t put your phone there?
Hey there! Thanks for being a part of the Ford Family. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN so I can look into this charging issue on my end?

Nyc_rock

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Grand Cherokee
Country flag
Hey there! Thanks for being a part of the Ford Family. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN so I can look into this charging issue on my end?
it would be great if you can provide insight into what the charging issues are related too. Is it a hardware or software issue? Do those of us with IPhone 12 Pros and magsafe cases need to accept that the charging issue will not be fixable? Thanks.

Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 21, VW Atlas, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
Country flag
Warm….maybe but mine actually overheated
yea mine got to a point where it is hot to touch, but it would not stop functioning, it worked fine. On longer trips I remove the cover. I hope they find a solution for this.
Sponsored