ddr24

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Expedition, 2023 MachE GTPE
Country flag
Sorry for a bit of a necropost. I'm late to the game on Tronity having just had my MME delivered last week. Is anyone still using this? I attempted to jump on board, but get the following notice when I tried to proceed to the "Connect Vehicle" step...note the Ford option is grayed out...

Tronity.png
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Sorry for a bit of a necropost. I'm late to the game on Tronity having just had my MME delivered last week. Is anyone still using this? I attempted to jump on board, but get the following notice when I tried to proceed to the "Connect Vehicle" step...note the Ford option is grayed out...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wish I had more DATA! Tronity
Many third party apps, including Tronity iirc, are accessing FordPass through unauthorized methods and can result in your account being kicked by Ford. There’s a very long thread about this here, although I can’t give you the keywords to properly search for it.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wish I had more DATA! Tronity
Like @Kamuelaflyer mentioned - Ford started swinging the BAN HAMMER on folks using 3rd party services with their FordPass account. As such, Tronity and the likes have disabled their integrations with Ford vehicles until an "approved" data-collection method happens.

Here's the long thread on the issue:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-use-can-disable-your-fordpass-account.13893/

ddr24

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Expedition, 2023 MachE GTPE
Country flag

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I'm loving my MME but after a week I'm wishing I had more data-

1. After a charge, I like to compare the charger input kWh with what the Mach-E says it got. You get this information in the Ford Pass App when you first finish charging but then that bit of information disappears from the log. Why? It helps pinpoint charging efficiency. I just have to make sure to get it immediately before I start the car.

2. Shouldn't we get something live - like kW currently being consumed? I know "This Trip" shows some good stuff but the dash could show a live value. I'm sure this metric goes into driving efficiency. Why can't I see it?

3. In my Fusion Hybrid you get lots of feedback on charging while coasting & braking. The MME braking coach is fine (shouldn't you get it in all three modes?) but it would be good to know (how little) kWh you actually add back on coasting and braking. I've been lucky enough once to catch a percentage uptick coasting down a very large hill on the interstate. I'm sure it had just clicked down a percent before the crest of the hill but it made me happy to add something back!

4. Battery Temperature. Why can't I see the battery temp? Not that its necessary but this is monitored and the batteries undergo heating and cooling as needed. I'm sure they have a wide operating temp range but it would still be nice to educate myself on the values and when they need heat and cooling.

5. Motor Temperature. I'm sure this is monitored, too. Again, its just fun to watch these values and with a technical wizard of a car there's no reason to be hiding so much info.

6. Sure glad I have tire pressure!
Don’t worry, you won’t have tire pressure much longer. Supposedly, they’re taking it away, unless you go to the full-screen TPMS display 🙄

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag

SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
I got an ODB-II bluetooth module and CarScanner, because I'm a big ol' nerd and wanted the same data you're all asking about. I set it up, and ... What am I going to do about any of it? Even if it points to some kind of issue, all I'm going to do is take it to the dealer anyway. It's not like I can fix any of this stuff. And knowing how much power is going to which motor, that kind of stuff ... is fun, but useless.

I mean, now I can show it off to people and/or my wife when I want to feel smart. But let's not fool ourselves into thinking any of it is useful. It's trivia.

PA Bob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SB
Country flag
Omg. I love you guys, but you got beat up a lot in high school, didn’t ya?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I still have my Tronity account, but the payment is suspended while they work it out with Ford. Nils told me in an email that they thought they could have something approved by Ford in 2023, but I suspect it will be later rather than sooner.

I really liked the Tronity service, and had over 10 months of data in there before Ford locked my account. Bummer.
Sponsored