Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Does anybody think/know, if a full wrap will have a noticeable effect on range?
Sponsored

Golfer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, i3
Country flag
A wrap won't have any effect at all on range, so go for it! You thinking a color vinyl wrap or clear protection film wrap?

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
A wrap won't have any effect at all on range, so go for it! You thinking a color vinyl wrap or clear protection film wrap?
Awesome! I was just curious really... I like the Carbonised Grey that my model is coming in, however I missed 1st Edition run, so it’s coming with the black gloss wheel arches. I was thinking about wrapping those in as close a matching colour I could find... if that looked weird, then I’d consider wrapping the whole thing in a similar grey.

Golfer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, i3
Country flag
Awesome! I was just curious really... I like the Carbonised Grey that my model is coming in, however I missed 1st Edition run, so it’s coming with the black gloss wheel arches. I was thinking about wrapping those in as close a matching colour I could find... if that looked weird, then I’d consider wrapping the whole thing in a similar grey.
Good idea! FYI, if you decide to vinyl wrap the whole car it also won't interfere with the bumper sensors functionality.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Good idea! FYI, if you decide to vinyl wrap the whole car it also won't interfere with the bumper sensors functionality.
Thanks for that... didn’t even think of that!

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
so it’s coming with the black gloss wheel arches. I was thinking about wrapping those in as close a matching colour I could find...
I was wondering the same thing. I have no experience with any wraps. Would I be able to wrap the black arches into Infinite Blue (being a brand new color) and would it match the rest of the vehicle well enough to not be noticeable? Would the wrap color match like it would have come from the factory with body color arches? And maybe wrap the side view mirror caps as well.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I was wondering the same thing. I have no experience with any wraps. Would I be able to wrap the black arches into Infinite Blue (being a brand new color) and would it match the rest of the vehicle well enough to not be noticeable? Would the wrap color match like it would have come from the factory with body color arches? And maybe wrap the side view mirror caps as well.
Yep, I have no idea myself! I was going to speak to someone when I got the car! If I think it looks slightly off/strange (at least stranger than black wheel arches against a coloured body), then I’ll just wrap the whole car in as close a colour match as possible.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I am in the same boat. But wrapping only the wheel arches only requires the color to match or else it will look strange. So I looked into full car wrap...it was $4000-7000 (US dollars)...way too rich for my blood. At the end...will have to make due with my "premium" car with glossy wheel arches. I am leaning towards the Star White now so at least the black/while looks good.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I am in the same boat. But wrapping only the wheel arches only requires the color to match or else it will look strange. So I looked into full car wrap...it was $4000-7000 (US dollars)...way too rich for my blood. At the end...will have to make due with my "premium" car with glossy wheel arches. I am leaning towards the Star White now so at least the black/while looks good.
Yeah, the black does work well on the white doesn’t it? The other option is to go for the all black paint work... which I initially wanted, but then realised you lose the nice sloping effect at the back of the car and the pinching you get at the bottom of the doors. I figure with a dark grey such as the carbonised grey, I might get away with a very close colour match... it would be harder with a brighter, lighter colour I reckon... or alternatively I could just try asking ford for the colour HEX to mix the right paint?! I mean, surely this is obtainable to anyone who needs to repair and retouch dings? A full wrap is a lot of money... if I can get away with just the arches, I’ll do that. Very unlikely to wrap the whole thing!

BATTERIESRIT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry
Country flag
Color choice works well with glossy black wheel arches and the roof.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
UPDATE: It's taken me a while, but I'm finally getting the wheel arches and wing mirrors wrapped to match the bodywork. It's being done at the moment. I'll share some pictures when I get it back. The shop put the car under their studio lights and seemed to get a strong colour match via an app they use... so fingers crossed! Also getting the front windows tinted.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
So that was a total waste of money :confused:

The colour was completely off! I removed the vinyl the second I got home. Thankfully the light tint to the front windows looks good and I de-badged the Mach E 4X's emblems too, but really gutted about the colour mismatch.

I might try someone different who actually has some colour in stock so we can test before ordering. Painting might be the better option going forward. Believe it or not, it actually looks better in the photo than irl. Far too light irl.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wrap and Range IMG_1F3EE106C08C-1
Sponsored