Yet another "My dealer said" post about MY23 order banks opening. Plus F150 Lighting pics!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Can you elaborate? My dealer told me that any change will result in Price Protection being effective based on the order change date and not the original order date. Is there more to it than this?
When (IF) Ford decides they cannot finish a model year and have to roll your order to another year, they basically make the dealer put the order back in. When that is done, you are given the choice to make some changes. You do NOT lose priority, because you're basically "the first next year" cars to be made. Pricing does depend on that options' price at the time.

When 2021s were rolled into 2022s, they raised the price on special paint (i.e. Rapid Red), and the base price (as I recall). A total of $595 increase on my car. They provided a $750 incentive to negate the increase. I chose to remove my interior protection package, because I was going to move the mats from the cancelled order I bought to the new car. And, because in selling the old car you don't get a dime for floor mats, they take whatever it has.

If you have a 2022 on order and make changes while you can, and prices went up between order date and change date, all bets are off I believe.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Can you elaborate? My dealer told me that any change will result in Price Protection being effective based on the order change date and not the original order date. Is there more to it than this?
Voluntary changes that you instigate will change the order date, negating your original pricing. An involuntary change (such as rolling over to another model year or discontinuation of a color) should not negate anything in your original order. Obviously, if your car gets rolled into a 2023 and you originally chose IBSM, you are forced to choose a new color. So long as your new chosen color does not cost more than your original color, there will be no change other than model year and color (pricing *should* hold). 😊🐩

As was also stated, if there are pricing changes there may be incentives offered to offset them rather than a price protection. 🤷‍♂️🐩

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Voluntary changes that you instigate will change the order date, negating your original pricing. An involuntary change (such as rolling over to another model year or discontinuation of a color) should not negate anything in your original order. Obviously, if your car gets rolled into a 2023 and you originally chose IBSM, you are forced to choose a new color. So long as your new chosen color does not cost more than your original color, there will be no change other than model year and color (pricing *should* hold). 😊🐩

As was also stated, if there are pricing changes there may be incentives offered to offset them rather than a price protection. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Very helpful!

Voluntary vs involuntary was my question too.

I'll hold tight until Ford lets me know what to do.

Hoping they can still build my MY'22 with the color I wanted by the end of the year or I'll even take it in 2023.

Also, I want the price protection when I placed the order as it has the much more favorable rates & incentives.
Sponsored