Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" - Rapid Red Mach E AWD EXTD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello people,

I am a brand new member in the UK and placed an order on 9 March for a MME AWD Extd range in Dark Matter Grey. I have been given a delivery date of 25 November. Is this likely to be accurate or wishful thinking? I am in a perpetual state of excitement and can't wait for my dream car. I had a great test drive and fell in love instantly. I was tempted by the GT but like the "security" of AWD. In any event I am not sure that my two Airedales would enjoy the ferocious acceleration of the GT!

Is there any way of tracking my order without continual recourse to the Ford dealership? I don't have a VIN number only an order number.
Sponsored

Last edited:

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach Ex Iced Bue, 23 Lightning Ext SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Most are program codes that would be meaningless to anyone here. The one that caught my eye though which is maybe a bummer if Ford is cutting costs on it is my Front side window glass type changed from:
WINDOWS-FRT SD LAMINATED GLASS (B2MAC)
to
WINDOWS-FRT SD STANDARD GLASS (B2MAB)

Maybe there is no real difference and the base glass is laminated so they don't call it out, but it sounds like it's possible the front side windows are no longer laminated. This is for a MachE Premium ER AWD.
This would be good, Laminated will inflict injury if your head goes through it, Standard (assume tempered ) will shatter into popcorn but the headache will be large.

FinCrimesJD

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport Badlands, upcoming MME AWD ER
Occupation
Banking
Country flag
Loveyour reply gives some levity to the situation. But this AM I am screaming at top of my lungs with JOY. My car has finally been built. they say 6 weeks away!!! This is really happening... FInally!
Would you stop bragging and keep being grumpy with the rest of us please?! ??

Ok I'm just jealous, but at the same time totally stoked for you!

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The author of the thread posts the new scheduling plan for the following week around this time (Friday/Saturday). So check back soon for next week's scheduling plan. It's closed to comments to keep the schedule info easy to find/read.

If you look back at previous weeks, you'll see that Mach-E's have been scheduled through the weeks of 4/28. It's possible more will be scheduled in April, but it's also possible that initial scheduling for May weeks will start in the next week or two. That will be the start of Job 2 for the 2022 model year.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Your order has been updated 1648402343167

WheresMyCar

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
waiting for 2022 Premium AWD
Country flag
I am in a perpetual state of excitement and can't wait for my dream car. I had a great test drive and fell in love instantly. I was tempted by the GT but like the "security" of AWD. In any event I am not sure that my two Airedales would enjoy the ferocious acceleration of the GT!
Be prepared for that state to last a long time. By the way, I think your Airedales will have to ride in the back seat since the cargo area is so small. But maybe they always ride in the back seat :)?

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hello people,

I am a brand new member in the UK and placed an order on 9 March for a MME AWD Extd range in Dark Matter Grey. I have been given a delivery date of 25 November. Is this likely to be accurate or wishful thinking? I am in a perpetual state of excitement and can't wait for my dream car. I had a great test drive and fell in love instantly. I was tempted by the GT but like the "security" of AWD. In any event I am not sure that my two Airedales would enjoy the ferocious acceleration of the GT!

Is there any way of tracking my order without continual recourse to the Ford dealership? I don't have a VIN number only an order number.
The short answer: The very long period between ordering date and scheduling date is a dark void that profoundly frustrates many potential customers. Lots of folks on this forum have been waiting many many months without any communication from Ford or their dealer.

Take a few moments to find threads that include discussions that interest you. Your question has been discussed many times in many threads, although mostly from USA perspectives. (About half of Cuautitlan MME production goes to Non-US markets.) There is also a wide variety of topics, some out of date, some irrelevant, and some very informative and useful to prospective MME owners. (This particular thread was seemingly initiated to mock an example of Ford's poor communication: the "your order has been updated" email. My favorite Ford email to mock says "STAY EXHILARATED" received a month after order. This email is now 11 weeks old and I got one more update email, without any explanation or evidence of any actual update. Any exhilaration I've had has worn pretty thin.) There is a great deal of discussion and opinion about the problems & delays of the 2021 model year, i.e. chip shortage and recalls, US incentives. No doubt, you'll want to look for information about Fords allocation methodology as it may bear on your individual delivery date. Good luck with that.
US ordering web page indicates "Ford's" estimated delivery time, 20 weeks for Select, 28 weeks for GT. That's as good a guess as any.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Your order has been updated 1648402992218

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The short answer: The very long period between ordering date and scheduling date is a dark void that profoundly frustrates many potential customers. Lots of folks on this forum have been waiting many many months without any communication from Ford or their dealer.

Take a few moments to find threads that include discussions that interest you. Your question has been discussed many times in many threads, although mostly from USA perspectives. (About half of Cuautitlan MME production goes to Non-US markets.) There is also a wide variety of topics, some out of date, some irrelevant, and some very informative and useful to prospective MME owners. (This particular thread was seemingly initiated to mock an example of Ford's poor communication: the "your order has been updated" email. My favorite Ford email to mock says "STAY EXHILARATED" received a month after order. This email is now 11 weeks old and I got one more update email, without any explanation or evidence of any actual update. Any exhilaration I've had has worn pretty thin.) There is a great deal of discussion and opinion about the problems & delays of the 2021 model year, i.e. chip shortage and recalls, US incentives. No doubt, you'll want to look for information about Fords allocation methodology as it may bear on your individual delivery date. Good luck with that.
US ordering web page indicates "Ford's" estimated delivery time, 20 weeks for Select, 28 weeks for GT. That's as good a guess as any.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Your order has been updated 1648402992218
Well luckily I have learnt to be patient but I must admit it's difficult in this particular instance. I look at the mach e on YouTube for solace.?

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Be prepared for that state to last a long time. By the way, I think your Airedales will have to ride in the back seat since the cargo area is so small. But maybe they always ride in the back seat :)?
I am prepared (resigned) for the wait and in the meantime turn to the MME videos on YouTube for solace. On my test drive I took the MME home to my garage and got one of my Airedales in the boot. As soon as I closed the liftgate he was off! Not surprised really as it was a strange vehicle with a different smell from what he was used to. It took some three weeks for my Airedales to get used to the Kuga. As you can see from my profile photo they both comfortably fit in the Kuga boot area. Anyway it was immediately apparent that the MME boot was a little small for the two of them so I plan to lay the rear seats flat to open up the whole cargo area and block off them from me just behind the front seats with the Ford Luggage Retention Guard which is made for the MME but which is not yet available in the UK according to my dealer. There is a UK company "Hatchbag.co.uk" that manufactures a bespoke boot liner specifically for the MME and I intend to protect the interior with that.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Your order has been updated tempImageMvXSst

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
So where are the cleaup batch updates for those of us in the 33xx range, the ones that were suppose to be part of the 1/3/2022 build???

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So where are the cleaup batch updates for those of us in the 33xx range, the ones that were suppose to be part of the 1/3/2022 build???
Perhaps, the microchips needed to complete your MME were hijacked by "cryptocurrency miners".
Ford Mustang Mach-E Your order has been updated 1648476808121

Indian Stang

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang GT
Country flag
Received yet another one of these emails but this time the price of my options went down by $325. I wonder if they cut something due to the chip shortage.

evfinder

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Prius Plug-in
Country flag
I just got another "Your order has been changed" email. As far as I can tell, the change is that the active park assist prep kit now shows a price of -$325.00. Not sure if this feature has been removed or it is just a price change. @Ford Motor Company if you are going to send out these emails at least make it clear what the change is.

I also have a question about the order process. On the order details screen my order shows as being in status "Place Order in Progress" below in the details both "Order sent to Dealer" and "Order Accepted by Dealer" are checked as complete with the next step being "production Scheduled" Does the "Place Order in Progress" get checked complete when production is scheduled or have I missed a step I need to do? The wait time for this vehicle is already horrendous and I would hate to delay things further just because I missed something.

evfinder

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got another of the "Your order has been changed" emails. This time it looks like Ford are telling me that the wait time has increased because of supply issues with certain options (it doesn't say which). Oh well, looks like I might end up not getting the full $7,500 tax credit.

evfinder

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Today I logged on to my account at Ford, and noticed a change. The status had gone from "Order Pending" to "In Production". I was starting to get all excited then I noticed that the production date was set at 7/11/2022. I hadn't had a notification that the order had changed, neither have I received a VIN but at lease I now have an estimate of the production date (I know this can change but at least it's a start). How long should I expect to wait before I get a VIN? Does the VIN come from Ford or from the dealer?

Travman1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3
Country flag
Today I logged on to my account at Ford, and noticed a change. The status had gone from "Order Pending" to "In Production". I was starting to get all excited then I noticed that the production date was set at 7/11/2022. I hadn't had a notification that the order had changed, neither have I received a VIN but at lease I now have an estimate of the production date (I know this can change but at least it's a start). How long should I expect to wait before I get a VIN? Does the VIN come from Ford or from the dealer?
You can retrieve your VIN by following the steps here : https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/
Sponsored