1.7.1 Poll

Have you Received 1.7.1? And, is your car enrolled in any Early Access/Beta programs?

• 1.7.1 Received, Car is Enrolled in OTA Beta Only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Is it confirmed that the 1.7.1 rollout was paused? I personally am looking forward to the quick-access calm screen and the Apple Maps info on the smaller display. Bummer if it’s been put on hold.
No. I know of one more person who got the update today. My guess (and it's only that) is they're rolling it out in a very limited manner and checking after each batch before moving to the next, somewhat larger, group. Again, just speculation based upon the fact that I have nothing else to speculate on atm.
Sponsored

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
No. I know of one more person who got the update today. My guess (and it's only that) is they're rolling it out in a very limited manner and checking after each batch before moving to the next, somewhat larger, group. Again, just speculation based upon the fact that I have nothing else to speculate on atm.

You are spot on.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Again, that's gamer mentality - updates for updates sake. Or smartphone mentality. It's a car. It's not about distributing software "correctly" or quickly it's about a large cautious company trying to make sure they offer meaningful updates to automobiles that don't brick their software and leave people stranded or worse yet, cause unsafe conditions and set themselves up for lawsuits and other liabilities. Is Ford slower and more cautions than Tesla? Yes. So if that's what you want go buy a Tesla. Ford works through a large well-established dealer network with service centers that Tesla (mostly) lacks. If there is something that needs service, take it to one of those.
We are talking about deploying software that is shipping on newly built vehicles. If they are concerned about this software breaking cars, why are they installing it at the factory?

I don’t understand how clueless some people choose to be about this.

answer me this…. What possible reason could there be for BlueCruise to shipping from the factory, yet not being deployed OTA, when that is exactly what Ford promised us? Same goes for 1.7.1.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
We are talking about deploying software that is shipping on newly built vehicles. If they are concerned about this software breaking cars, why are they installing it at the factory?

answer me this…. What possible reason could there be for BlueCruise to shipping from the factory, yet not being deployed OTA, when that is exactly what Ford promised us? Same goes for 1.7.1.
It's not that the software isn't ready. It's that the OTA process is not ready.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
It's not that the software isn't ready. It's that the OTA process is not ready.
Don't you know? The factory process and OTA process are exactly the same! Stop being so clueless!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Simple. I'm confident BlueCruise has requirements for certain software versions in key modules. Each car on the street, especially those that have been around for a while, have different software in various modules and have reached that point via different paths.

Some of my modules have been updated by OTA, some by dealer flash. My set of module software is probably different from most of you.

Every car coming out of the plant now has the same set of software in each and every module and that set of software has been tested and shown to work with BlueCruise.

I'd rather Ford be careful than brick my car, wouldn't you?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
And I don't care if you nor anyone else thinks thinks it's insulting, expecting updates to fix everything is silly and is indeed gamer mentality where patches and updates are a constant way of life. If a car NEEDS to be updated in order to be usable, then the Dealer should do that. It's called a recall. I only want enhancements or improvements OTA, like tic-tac-toe, not "repairs." If the software needs that much work then I want the car to be in the shop when it happens just in case.
And I don’t care that you don’t care. I call it like it is, and you’re being silly. It is not unreasonable to expect that Ford would update its software to fix basic glitches after the better part of a year. That is a very reasonable expectation. If that is “gamer mentality,” them game on.

@DYohn : “Eh, if the car is usable, who cares that your dog / kids frequently set off the alarm because you can’t keep the interior motion sensors off?” That’s quite a standard: is your $60,000 car “usable.” But no, you’re not cheerleading at all. You’re being a “realist.” SMDH.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I tried to sign up for Early Access but I got told no. I got put in the dumpster, AKA Waitlist.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
This thread is getting quite heated. I love software updates like anybody else, BIOS updates, Android updates, Windows updates etc. When it comes to driving a huge lump of metal at high speeds on public roads I would rather Ford be cautious. I personally can live without Noughts and Crosses (UK) and a calculator if the software engineers can concentrate on fixing bugs and increase reliablity first. We can have any fripperies later. I hope I speak for the silent majority. Chill people please :) :)

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I still don't understand wehy this is so important to some members. It's a car not a video game...
I've been trying to figure this out as well. It seems the biggest thing with 1.71 is the ability to play tic tac toe, none of the updates seem to be a big deal.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got this :
Ford Early Access Program is available in the US only.
So I live on Mars now?

Last time I checked Oregon has been part of the US for over 200 years.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I've been trying to figure this out as well. It seems the biggest thing with 1.71 is the ability to play tic tac toe, none of the updates seem to be a big deal.
As mentioned above, this is not true.