1 Pedal Driving sometimes doesn't engage and break?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
What mode are you in? It has been reported that 1PD behaves differently - more aggressive regen braking in unbridled mode.
Sponsored

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hmmm. I'm not having any such issues with 1PD.

SpaceNeedle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
oh, my experience is with city driving at 30 mph without cruise control engaged.
like there's a car in front of me stopped at a light/stop sign, I'm approaching and release the "gas pedal" fully and the car coast instead of braking.
Like I say it happened like twice and I'm wondering why.
I have had the same experience, but only a couple of times--like you. It is quite disconcerting! Not sure what the issue is, but I have not yet used cruise control and it has happened on a downhill grade and on a flat road, both times when approaching a stoplight with a vehicle in front of me. I have had to step on the brake very firmly and even got a collision warning because of it.

OP
OP
gnaark

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
I have had the same experience, but only a couple of times--like you. It is quite disconcerting! Not sure what the issue is, but I have not yet used cruise control and it has happened on a downhill grade and on a flat road, both times when approaching a stoplight with a vehicle in front of me. I have had to step on the brake very firmly and even got a collision warning because of it.
I had it happen yesterday. I was approchaient a stop sign but I gave a lil acceleration a few meters before the stop sign and brakes didn’t engage automatically when I released the pedal.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
FORScan beta that hasn't been released yet (I think it hasn't at least).

Only works on a windows PC currently but hopefully they update the app in the coming month(s). I have tested it and it does work but haven't spent much time since it is cumbersome to use a laptop while driving. I need to grab one of my 8" windows tablets and use one of those instead.

You can watch battery current in Amps while driving, however it does not show kW I'm pretty sure. You would need to calculate that yourself by multiplying current and voltage together.
I believe you are correct. Only shows amps and volts so some math is necessary. :)

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Hey guys, I noticed something like 2-3 times when driving with 1 Pedal Driving enabled.
Sometimes it just doesn't break when I release the accelerator and I have to engage the break manually (and it's less smooth because I have to break harder).

What's the issue here? Does it sometimes shit the bed? if so it's a worry.
I noticed that it may have happened when the car was going downhill, would that be the reason?
What is the SOC for the battery? Near 100%?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Biggest question is, as someone above asked, what mode you are in? Secondly, how much space are you giving the car to stop?
If the answer is whisper, then the braking of OPD is very gentle and perhaps not much of anything as you are rolling up on a stoplight. Especially on a downhill slope. Whisper mode is for people who give a lot of space and glide to a stop.
You mention being in traffic without cruise control on. Be careful that you’re not expecting the car to account for traffic in front of you and stop based on how far you are from them. Without cruise control on, the car isn’t looking forward at other cars and maintaining a distance. It’s only cue is you taking your foot off the pedal. And then we’re back to the question of mode above.
If you’re in traffic, it might be worth setting the cruise and letting the car keep its own distance, or switching to unbridled mode so it breaks with more intensity.

OP
OP
gnaark

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Biggest question is, as someone above asked, what mode you are in? Secondly, how much space are you giving the car to stop?
If the answer is whisper, then the braking of OPD is very gentle and perhaps not much of anything as you are rolling up on a stoplight. Especially on a downhill slope. Whisper mode is for people who give a lot of space and glide to a stop.
You mention being in traffic without cruise control on. Be careful that you’re not expecting the car to account for traffic in front of you and stop based on how far you are from them. Without cruise control on, the car isn’t looking forward at other cars and maintaining a distance. It’s only cue is you taking your foot off the pedal. And then we’re back to the question of mode above.
If you’re in traffic, it might be worth setting the cruise and letting the car keep its own distance, or switching to unbridled mode so it breaks with more intensity.
I am in engage
What I’m trying to convey is that 99% of the time 1PD works properly and I like it, but I found a couple cases here and there where it seems to shit the bed.
So I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong or not.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I am in engage
What I’m trying to convey is that 99% of the time 1PD works properly and I like it, but I found a couple cases here and there where it seems to shit the bed.
So I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong or not.
Doesn’t sound like you’re doing anything wrong from what you’re saying.
Sponsored