JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 10,100 commute miles, Observations & Takeaways. 7218219E-BEE3-4AFB-9166-1ADD9EB29C4F

Things I really like:
  1. Quiet & refined feel & what a Lincoln should be.
  2. Handling-Damned fine cornering and squirts around town like a wet pumpkin seed.
  3. Economy, I’ll save $3,600+ a year in fuel & service costs.
  4. PAAK, works fine.
  5. Charging-no sweat. EA needs work though.
  6. Style/design is handsomely butch.
  7. Headlights-very good & I drive a lot in the early mornings, late evenings. I’d like aftermarket LED spots though.
  8. Comfort-seats are good.
  9. Roominess with hauling space!
  10. 2 screens. I like.
  11. I’d say it’s security is more than up to par. I’ve tried to fool the door latches by having the door barely closed and three times it’s partly latched and locked me out.

I commute just under 90 round-trip miles a day/5 days a week on 2-lane rural road in western Washington. 7 speeds zones: About 40 miles at 50-55, mph the rest 25-30-40 mph. All along a beautiful shoreline/forested highway complete with short hills, patched roads/deer-elk/typical heavy trucks, weekenders blasting through at 65. My driving style is conservative as I’ve had way to many close calls with trees blocking, landslides, flooded roads, deer-elk, incompetent drivers. I leave early, get home mid-eve at times. Thus I’ve a lot of night driving in the late fall through late winter.

My most recent commuter is our TT Flex. An absolute cruising beast. Nothing quite like feeling the torque steer with full boost coming on! And the Flex has a fabulous smooth ride.

The MME is a great commuter (with the stiff ride of our Edge Sport we traded off). Serenely quiet. Fast when it needs be. Easily hauls four, groceries, etc. Range works very well for my daily drive and a couple out of town 120+ mile trips a year. I like the looks and it gets compliments from hot rodders, Porsche, and Mustang GT

drivers.

Things I really want

1. M/KWh & outside temperature on small dash. A simple glance down is better than a head swivel right.
  2. Better ergonomics & one tap for frequently used functions (trunk/frunk/. “Trips”should be on the left side of screen. One tap to completely black big screen.
  3. I’ve not found the perfect resolution to heat v. defogger. Our warm 55-58 degree rainy days means it doesn’t take much to defog the wind and warm the car. I usually drive with auto at “1” but I’d prefer driving with defog on at a dry low fan speed. I find myself lowering heat from 70 to 68 to 66.
  4. Rotary dial with better tactile feed-back? I find myself looking at the dial. Maybe it’s just that it does have a hard stop left and right?

Average energy use in 10,000 miles?. From July through November it held at 3.7 miles/KWh. I was a little surprised that this held up deep into fall but about December 3rd it dropped to 3.5 and still at 3.5 December 18th. Since Dec 1st it’s at 3.0 since December 1st for winter. January and February it will average 3.0-2.8. Headwinds, heavy rains, & temps in 40’s-30’s can drop the M/KWh to 3.0 and lower and cold weather is the biggest variable. All in all, I’m pretty pleased with the consistency. Of note in the last 6 months estimated range varies from a high at 90% charge of 217 miles to a low of 157 miles & 90% charge. These roughly correspond to about a high of 3.9 and low of 3.0. miles/KWh

Range impacts are speed, cold, cabin heat, rain-wet pavement and headwinds.

1. Fit/finish-Excellent. The MME gets the looks & compliments. Feels like what a Lincoln should be. I’d love the drivetrain in the Flex.
  2. Lighting-Stock headlights better than expected. Range and wide pattern really pick up off-shoulder edges. Probably in my top 3 including an ‘04 Expedition, ‘67 Dodge D200 with giant sealed beam parabolics. Interior lighting good though I’d prefer the big screen to go black. I use calm. Less cabin light means better night vision.
  3. Also finding the overhead cabin lights are a bit awkward as I keep punching the blue lights to turn them on.
  4. Handling-ride: Good and stiff, I like the steering, turn-in. Stiff suspension in a short wheel base SUV reminded me of our Edge Sport on road grade slumps/uneven road surfaces. Oddly, the MME occasionally reminds me of the rear solid axle Mustangs I’ve had.
  5. Driver aids: I use adaptive cruise and auto head light dim and that’s it. Any higher level is just going to train me to be less aware and I’m unwilling to be less aware.
  6. Current AI is like.. not outstanding. Curvy roads confuse lane centering and bad fog lines/shoulder stripes aren’t seen? and I’m really unsure of collision avoidance with unexpected braking happening on curves with parked vehicles off shoulder, vehicles turning off highway. And forget it when it comes to big animals lunging out of the woods. I could get into a long harangue on this. I want drivers who are aware and not hand clapping, phone chatting, snoozy, distracted a-holes. I stopped using intelligent cruise as it doesn’t fit the roads I drive.
  7. Power-speed-etc: as noted.. The MME squirts around like a wet pumpkin seed in sub 50 mph urban traffic. I always drive in Whisper and use 1-pedal in town. Passing acceleration excellent. Loses steam above 80 mph. Reminds me of a small fast version of 60’s big block 2-barrel in a 4:11 rears 390/station wagon: fast start with low down grunt.. but less top end. I really don’t care about top speed as I rarely cruise above 70-75 mph on the occasional cross-state trips.
  8. Charging: At home is a piece of cake. Swapped a 30 amp dryer breaker & outlet for a new 40 amp breaker and new NEMA outlet. Used existing copper AWG 8 and no issues. Use cabin warming in morning and that’s terrific. I charge nightly and usually from about 45% to 85%-90%. If we get an extended range Lightning.. gonna rethink home charging service..!
  9. Longer road tripping & charging: Three trips- two at 120 miles away and one at just under 300 miles w/two mountain passes. Used EA sites and no issues but DC fast charging speeds were never over 40-70 ? and throttling to 7-8 above 80% meant I couldn’t get that extra % quickly which for me is important as the last 90 mile leg home has.. no charging stations (unless I go out of my route 20 miles). More driving long distances will help me figure out the logical outbound and return charging sites. As more stations appear probably a non-issue. And like any long haul traveler running the same route— we’ve our fav stops and once dialed in.. no issues.
  10. Surprised at how few BEVs I’ve seen at EA.. like 1 in a half dozen stops. I saw one and only one MME while crossing into Oregon. In 10,000 miles that’s it.. one. I might have the only MME in a 50 mile radius. I’m the first BEV to be serviced at the local Ford Dealer. And they’ve sold 1 more. The local dealer had one, which we bought in July and it’d sat on the lot for two weeks. Dealer recently sent me a note and offered $1500 more than what we paid for it nearly 6 months ago.
  11. PAAK: Once I saw the MME as a computer on wheels that has the quirky boot up of an AI linear thinker…., PAAK made sense. OTA really helped on getting CarPlay working. if I unlocked it from the watch/phone by the time I got to the garage/parking lot I never had to touch the phone again unless I plugged it in. I unlock it/locked it with my Apple Watch as well as noted.
  12. That being said… I cleared my end up by updating PAAK online and PAAK with same login and finally solved the icon issue (I had my name in a dozen configurations in my contact list) and the updates solved the weirdness of hieroglyphics in the PAAK app. All is good and I’ve used PAAK for 6 months every day with no issues. PS a poorly wrapped fob in aluminum foil will leak signal and SNAFU stuff.
  13. Energy & cabin: summer I average 94-95% energy to Route and winter is way more variable 70%-80%-90%. Winter weather is mild with intermittent cold. It can be 56 degrees and pouring rain. Or clear and 35 F. Or 37 F and pouring rain. Fall-winter I usually wear a pile vest under a heavy winter coat because if I have to get out of car for any reason I’m prepared. I alternate between setting auto at “-“ bar and 65-68 F or cycle windshield defrost on manually with temp at 76. Works great to defrost quickly but left on, just over heats cabin. If outside temps drops well under 50 to low 40’s I use auto heat at a low setting. Since heat is an energy suck, I’d like a setting that allows more mild weather use. If that fan could be duty-cycled at say 5%-10% it’d work great at mid 50’s temps.
  14. I find the big screen & tech a potential for distraction.
  15. I’ve only seen 2 MMEs on the road.. I could be the only one in my county and four surrounding. The dealer said they’d been contacted by out of state buyers to purchase MME but they only had three and two were orders. Ours was the lone one off the lot new.
  16. I love the quiet and soundproofing probably helps cabin insulation.
  17. Under stated color is stealth.
  18. Windshield recall came and no issues, dealer service handled well and sticking with the same service personnel really helps.
  19. Auto dim headlights work very well but can occasionally be slow.. could be wet window?
  20. OTA software updates- no issues- wireless at work & home.
  21. Suspension: Interesting, when I expect it to be jarring it isn’t but on some frost heave and slump dips it is. While on I-90 at 70+ it dawned on me I couldn’t hear or feel expansion joints.
  22. Frunk-store winter clothing and windshield cleaner. Thinking of taking out partitions.. adding an electric chainsaw.
  23. Tires-they work. I run at 45 psi summer, 38 winter.
  24. Overall-Perfect commuter and perfect SUV. Saves $ with at-home charging. I don’t miss frequent oil changes, air filters, fuel filters, etc.
  25. In the future charging two cars at home will be a challenge as two charging at a combined 120 amps is 60% of a typical 200 amp home service. Bigger batteries mean higher amp charging…Our home is all electric and we’re fortunate with 325 total amps available on two separate circuits.
  26. I’d say the ability to tune charging and departure times w/in 5-10 minutes instead of within the hour will be huge for dual car charging.
  27. What I might add: Rear receiver for a bike rack. LED spots-driving lights ‘cause more is better for night driving.
  28. It’s a journey and I’m enjoying the ride ⚡ ? ⚡!

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
7218219E-BEE3-4AFB-9166-1ADD9EB29C4F.jpeg

Things I really like:
  1. Quiet & refined feel & what a Lincoln should be.
  2. Handling-Damned fine cornering and squirts around town like a wet pumpkin seed.
  3. Economy, I’ll save $3,600+ a year in fuel & service costs.
  4. PAAK, works fine.
  5. Charging-no sweat. EA needs work though.
  6. Style/design is handsomely butch.
  7. Headlights-very good & I drive a lot in the early mornings, late evenings. I’d like aftermarket LED spots though.
  8. Comfort-seats are good.
  9. Roominess with hauling space!
  10. 2 screens. I like.
  11. I’d say it’s security is more than up to par. I’ve tried to fool the door latches by having the door barely closed and three times it’s partly latched and locked me out.

I commute just under 90 round-trip miles a day/5 days a week on 2-lane rural road in western Washington. 7 speeds zones: About 40 miles at 50-55, mph the rest 25-30-40 mph. All along a beautiful shoreline/forested highway complete with short hills, patched roads/deer-elk/typical heavy trucks, weekenders blasting through at 65. My driving style is conservative as I’ve had way to many close calls with trees blocking, landslides, flooded roads, deer-elk, incompetent drivers. I leave early, get home mid-eve at times. Thus I’ve a lot of night driving in the late fall through late winter.

My most recent commuter is our TT Flex. An absolute cruising beast. Nothing quite like feeling the torque steer with full boost coming on! And the Flex has a fabulous smooth ride.

The MME is a great commuter (with the stiff ride of our Edge Sport we traded off). Serenely quiet. Fast when it needs be. Easily hauls four, groceries, etc. Range works very well for my daily drive and a couple out of town 120+ mile trips a year. I like the looks and it gets compliments from hot rodders, Porsche, and Mustang GT

drivers.

Things I really want

1. M/KWh & outside temperature on small dash. A simple glance down is better than a head swivel right.
  2. Better ergonomics & one tap for frequently used functions (trunk/frunk/. “Trips”should be on the left side of screen. One tap to completely black big screen.
  3. I’ve not found the perfect resolution to heat v. defogger. Our warm 55-58 degree rainy days means it doesn’t take much to defog the wind and warm the car. I usually drive with auto at “1” but I’d prefer driving with defog on at a dry low fan speed. I find myself lowering heat from 70 to 68 to 66.
  4. Rotary dial with better tactile feed-back? I find myself looking at the dial. Maybe it’s just that it does have a hard stop left and right?

Average energy use in 10,000 miles?. From July through November it held at 3.7 miles/KWh. I was a little surprised that this held up deep into fall but about December 3rd it dropped to 3.5 and still at 3.5 December 18th. Since Dec 1st it’s at 3.0 since December 1st for winter. January and February it will average 3.0-2.8. Headwinds, heavy rains, & temps in 40’s-30’s can drop the M/KWh to 3.0 and lower and cold weather is the biggest variable. All in all, I’m pretty pleased with the consistency. Of note in the last 6 months estimated range varies from a high at 90% charge of 217 miles to a low of 157 miles & 90% charge. These roughly correspond to about a high of 3.9 and low of 3.0. miles/KWh

Range impacts are speed, cold, cabin heat, rain-wet pavement and headwinds.

1. Fit/finish-Excellent. The MME gets the looks & compliments. Feels like what a Lincoln should be. I’d love the drivetrain in the Flex.
  2. Lighting-Stock headlights better than expected. Range and wide pattern really pick up off-shoulder edges. Probably in my top 3 including an ‘04 Expedition, ‘67 Dodge D200 with giant sealed beam parabolics. Interior lighting good though I’d prefer the big screen to go black. I use calm. Less cabin light means better night vision.
  3. Also finding the overhead cabin lights are a bit awkward as I keep punching the blue lights to turn them on.
  4. Handling-ride: Good and stiff, I like the steering, turn-in. Stiff suspension in a short wheel base SUV reminded me of our Edge Sport on road grade slumps/uneven road surfaces. Oddly, the MME occasionally reminds me of the rear solid axle Mustangs I’ve had.
  5. Driver aids: I use adaptive cruise and auto head light dim and that’s it. Any higher level is just going to train me to be less aware and I’m unwilling to be less aware.
  6. Current AI is like.. not outstanding. Curvy roads confuse lane centering and bad fog lines/shoulder stripes aren’t seen? and I’m really unsure of collision avoidance with unexpected braking happening on curves with parked vehicles off shoulder, vehicles turning off highway. And forget it when it comes to big animals lunging out of the woods. I could get into a long harangue on this. I want drivers who are aware and not hand clapping, phone chatting, snoozy, distracted a-holes. I stopped using intelligent cruise as it doesn’t fit the roads I drive.
  7. Power-speed-etc: as noted.. The MME squirts around like a wet pumpkin seed in sub 50 mph urban traffic. I always drive in Whisper and use 1-pedal in town. Passing acceleration excellent. Loses steam above 80 mph. Reminds me of a small fast version of 60’s big block 2-barrel in a 4:11 rears 390/station wagon: fast start with low down grunt.. but less top end. I really don’t care about top speed as I rarely cruise above 70-75 mph on the occasional cross-state trips.
  8. Charging: At home is a piece of cake. Swapped a 30 amp dryer breaker & outlet for a new 40 amp breaker and new NEMA outlet. Used existing copper AWG 8 and no issues. Use cabin warming in morning and that’s terrific. I charge nightly and usually from about 45% to 85%-90%. If we get an extended range Lightning.. gonna rethink home charging service..!
  9. Longer road tripping & charging: Three trips- two at 120 miles away and one at just under 300 miles w/two mountain passes. Used EA sites and no issues but DC fast charging speeds were never over 40-70 ? and throttling to 7-8 above 80% meant I couldn’t get that extra % quickly which for me is important as the last 90 mile leg home has.. no charging stations (unless I go out of my route 20 miles). More driving long distances will help me figure out the logical outbound and return charging sites. As more stations appear probably a non-issue. And like any long haul traveler running the same route— we’ve our fav stops and once dialed in.. no issues.
  10. Surprised at how few BEVs I’ve seen at EA.. like 1 in a half dozen stops. I saw one and only one MME while crossing into Oregon. In 10,000 miles that’s it.. one. I might have the only MME in a 50 mile radius. I’m the first BEV to be serviced at the local Ford Dealer. And they’ve sold 1 more. The local dealer had one, which we bought in July and it’d sat on the lot for two weeks. Dealer recently sent me a note and offered $1500 more than what we paid for it nearly 6 months ago.
  11. PAAK: Once I saw the MME as a computer on wheels that has the quirky boot up of an AI linear thinker…., PAAK made sense. OTA really helped on getting CarPlay working. if I unlocked it from the watch/phone by the time I got to the garage/parking lot I never had to touch the phone again unless I plugged it in. I unlock it/locked it with my Apple Watch as well as noted.
  12. That being said… I cleared my end up by updating PAAK online and PAAK with same login and finally solved the icon issue (I had my name in a dozen configurations in my contact list) and the updates solved the weirdness of hieroglyphics in the PAAK app. All is good and I’ve used PAAK for 6 months every day with no issues. PS a poorly wrapped fob in aluminum foil will leak signal and SNAFU stuff.
  13. Energy & cabin: summer I average 94-95% energy to Route and winter is way more variable 70%-80%-90%. Winter weather is mild with intermittent cold. It can be 56 degrees and pouring rain. Or clear and 35 F. Or 37 F and pouring rain. Fall-winter I usually wear a pile vest under a heavy winter coat because if I have to get out of car for any reason I’m prepared. I alternate between setting auto at “-“ bar and 65-68 F or cycle windshield defrost on manually with temp at 76. Works great to defrost quickly but left on, just over heats cabin. If outside temps drops well under 50 to low 40’s I use auto heat at a low setting. Since heat is an energy suck, I’d like a setting that allows more mild weather use. If that fan could be duty-cycled at say 5%-10% it’d work great at mid 50’s temps.
  14. I find the big screen & tech a potential for distraction.
  15. I’ve only seen 2 MMEs on the road.. I could be the only one in my county and four surrounding. The dealer said they’d been contacted by out of state buyers to purchase MME but they only had three and two were orders. Ours was the lone one off the lot new.
  16. I love the quiet and soundproofing probably helps cabin insulation.
  17. Under stated color is stealth.
  18. Windshield recall came and no issues, dealer service handled well and sticking with the same service personnel really helps.
  19. Auto dim headlights work very well but can occasionally be slow.. could be wet window?
  20. OTA software updates- no issues- wireless at work & home.
  21. Suspension: Interesting, when I expect it to be jarring it isn’t but on some frost heave and slump dips it is. While on I-90 at 70+ it dawned on me I couldn’t hear or feel expansion joints.
  22. Frunk-store winter clothing and windshield cleaner. Thinking of taking out partitions.. adding an electric chainsaw.
  23. Tires-they work. I run at 45 psi summer, 38 winter.
  24. Overall-Perfect commuter and perfect SUV. Saves $ with at-home charging. I don’t miss frequent oil changes, air filters, fuel filters, etc.
  25. In the future charging two cars at home will be a challenge as two charging at a combined 120 amps is 60% of a typical 200 amp home service. Bigger batteries mean higher amp charging…Our home is all electric and we’re fortunate with 325 total amps available on two separate circuits.
  26. I’d say the ability to tune charging and departure times w/in 5-10 minutes instead of within the hour will be huge for dual car charging.
  27. What I might add: Rear receiver for a bike rack. LED spots-driving lights ‘cause more is better for night driving.
  28. It’s a journey and I’m enjoying the ride ⚡ ? ⚡!

I have a similar 95 mile commute in GA minus everything but deer. I drive in unbridled and for most part average around 3.3 mi/kw. Just took 143 mile trip to Atlanta in 56 degree weather and used 60% battery. Trip back was 70 degree and only used 55%. I charged at an EA station using my free charging and it booted up with no issues. Took 22 minutes to charge from 40-81%. I noticed it was still charging at 46kw after 80 so that’s cool. Since updates everything in car has been near perfect. Carplay works without issue, PAAK is perfect and all doors unlock on first try

Last edited:

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
  1. Handling-Damned fine cornering and squirts around town like a wet pumpkin seed.
Haha what does squirting around town like a wet pumpkin seed mean??

Great write up, I have similar commute (120 mile round trip) and it’s been excellent and I have almost the exact same experience. Except I use as much drivers aids as possible when highway driving. I don’t believe it makes me less distracted as I don’t rely on them and pay attention. I’m on an interstate the entire way, I have ~2 miles to the interstate from my house and my work is ~1 mile from the same interstate. I don’t use drivers aids on other road types. So far I have only plugged in at home to charge for the weekend to test a 50a circuit out that I just finished up, but otherwise charge at work every day which damn near pays for the car!

OP
OP
JSeis

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
I have a similar 95 mile commute in GA minus everything but deer. I drive in unbridled and for most part average around 3.3 mi/kw. Just took 143 mile trip to Atlanta in 56 degree weather and used 60% battery. Trip back was 70 degree and only used 55%. I charged at an EA station using my free charging and it booted up with no issues. Took 22 minutes to charge from 49-81%. I noticed it was still charging at 46kw after 80 so that’s cool. Since updates everything in car has been near perfect. Carplay works without issue, PAAK is perfect and all doors unlock on first try
That’s an old saying and with the MME’s torque/AWD it just launches quick from a stop light and snakes into lanes very fast and sweetly.

Last edited:

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for taking the time to share your flawless journal. I agree with your style of driving. Hope we are all still around with the 20,000mi report! Stay safe!

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
Thanks @JSeis for these thoughtful observations. WRT to the wet pumpkin seed comment, I have happy childhood memories of friends shooting wet watermelon seeds at each other. These days watermelons don’t have seeds, and cars don’t have gasoline. Brave new world!

I’ve been using Blue Cruise a little in these first few weeks with my MME. It reminds me a lot of riding with my kids on their first learner’s permit drives: a blend of optimism and anxiety. My bottom line so far is that no-pedal driving is relaxing, while hands-free steering just adds stress. If I have to stare at the road anyway, I might as well do the steering, which for experienced drivers is effortless and nearly instinctual.

Old-fashioned adaptive cruise control and lane-keeping assistance are great. Level 5 self-driving will be great. Anything in between is just a novelty act.

OP
OP
JSeis

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
Hey thanks @Tangible I thought of a long discussion on intelligent cruise but it’s really personal preference at this point of our regulalatory times.

SpcPony

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
73 Mustang Mach I, 2007 Ford F150, 2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Great write up! I agree with the one tap for Frunk, etc. I am not a fan of digging through the menu to find then push and hold. usually by the time I find the button I am fighting the person at the trunk for control and it gets stuck somewhere between open and closed.

As far as the calm screen, my MME GT goes to calm screen if I push in and hold the volume bezel for the radio. Give that a shot for calm, then tap anywhere on the screen to wake it back up!

ABCWade

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select, RWD, SR also 2017 F-150 5.0
Occupation
Product Analyst
Country flag
[QUOTE="JSeis, post: 304815, member: 5

• We are at 18,500 miles in the mountains/high desert in So Cal...
My wife drives over 100 miles daily at about 75 to 80 on hilly freeway. We're getting about 3m/kwh these days.

Great write up! I concur with just about everything you stated here. I'd probably drive in unbridled without 1 pedal on your drive, I like the regen braking to be about 1/2 as much as 1 pedal gives you.

[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
JSeis

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
[QUOTE="JSeis, post: 304815, member: 5

• We are at 18,500 miles in the mountains/high desert in So Cal...
My wife drives over 100 miles daily at about 75 to 80 on hilly freeway. We're getting about 3m/kwh these days.

Great write up! I concur with just about everything you stated here. I'd probably drive in unbridled without 1 pedal on your drive, I like the regen braking to be about 1/2 as much as 1 pedal gives you.
[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
JSeis

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
I’ve no idea how much regen would help… I’ve like 1 stop each way ?.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Good write up

We just passed 10k on ours this week.

Do use the frunk more now than at first. Seems the operation is less clunky, either I am trained or the latch/hood stops are broken in better now.

Love adaptive cruise,. Intelligent not so much..

Cabel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT PE
Occupation
IT Engineer, aviator, gearhead, tinkerer, putterer, wife pesterer.
Country flag
Nice write-up for those of us still waiting on delivery, so we sort of know what we are getting into. I also drive about 86 miles round trip into DC. Fortunately, the US Government has pledged to go all-EV for government vehicles, the plus on this is that my agency has installed Chargepoint chargers in the parking garage, both Level 2 and DC Fast chargers, and allows employees to charge at a reduced rate of about $0.21/kWh - so I won't have to worry hopefully about any range degradation in winter if I head off to work some morning with less than a half charge.

OP
OP
JSeis

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
Nice write-up for those of us still waiting on delivery, so we sort of know what we are getting into. I also drive about 86 miles round trip into DC. Fortunately, the US Government has pledged to go all-EV for government vehicles, the plus on this is that my agency has installed Chargepoint chargers in the parking garage, both Level 2 and DC Fast chargers, and allows employees to charge at a reduced rate of about $0.21/kWh - so I won't have to worry hopefully about any range degradation in winter if I head off to work some morning with less than a half charge.
I’d somewhat worried about that but hasn’t materialized. Summer and early fall I’d get home with over 90 miles available. December weather in low 40’s to mid 30’s lowers that to ~70 miles. The real trick is finding a heat setting that works for you and modulating speed slightly slower in winter. I can achieve about 3.0 M/KWh pretty consistently and that’s down from summer at 3.7 M/KWh.

Cabel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT PE
Occupation
IT Engineer, aviator, gearhead, tinkerer, putterer, wife pesterer.
Country flag
I’d somewhat worried about that but hasn’t materialized. Summer and early fall I’d get home with over 90 miles available. December weather in low 40’s to mid 30’s lowers that to ~70 miles. The real trick is finding a heat setting that works for you and modulating speed slightly slower in winter. I can achieve about 3.0 M/KWh pretty consistently and that’s down from summer at 3.7 M/KWh.
My garage has heat/AC, so it will be interesting to see how it does when I leave early some morning when it's 20F outside and the car is at "room temp" as I keep the garage at about 58F in winter.
Sponsored