10K Miles!

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Well that happened quickly! Got the car with 48 miles in late April, just hit 10,000!

It's been nearly flawless. Save for 2 problems.
1)A small squeak in the HVAC blend door - quick dealer warranty fix
2) I STILL haven't gotten the securalert OTA update

Also interesting thing I noticed yesterday when it I crossed over.... The 10ths disappeared from the odometer. Don't know if anyone else has hit 10k and documented it.. but just found that interesting.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 10K Miles! 20210815_162745

Ford Mustang Mach-E 10K Miles! 20210815_162747

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Well that happened quickly! Got the car with 48 miles in late April, just hit 10,000!

Also interesting thing I noticed yesterday when it I crossed over.... The 10ths disappeared from the odometer. Don't know if anyone else has hit 10k and documented it.. but just found that interesting.

10,000 miles. Time to throw it away and get a new one so you get those tenths back!!!! ;)

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e 4x, 1965 F-100, 1999 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Sounds like a kid who grew up enough to stop counting fractional years. “I’m 5 and a quarter years old!”

Going to hit 10k in the next few days myself, though the first 4K were as a demo car (though I put a good chunk of those on myself, too). No real problems either, and no regrets!

mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag

It's pretty typical when you go over a certain number the decimal is no longer "significant". Likewise, when I'm using Google Maps and it shows me how far I am from my destination - it isn't until I get under 10 miles that it starts showing 9.9 miles to go. This one isn't a bug.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
It's pretty typical when you go over a certain number the decimal is no longer "significant". Likewise, when I'm using Google Maps and it shows me how far I am from my destination - it isn't until I get under 10 miles that it starts showing 9.9 miles to go. This one isn't a bug.
Oh didn't think it was a bug . Just that it was an interesting choice on Ford's part.

The only other vehicle I've had with an odometer on a full color LCD like this was the F-150 which always had 10ths. So just an interesting design choice

?‍♂

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

I miss my tenths too. ?
On the bright side, some fun combination of numbers roll by from time to time. :)

20210816_193304.jpg

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I was just going to start a 10,000 mile Owner's Review thread.... but found this one I might as well just add to....

Summary
========
took delivery 2/26/21.... Infinite Blue Select SR - AWD, metal rf, no options

MME has generally exceeded expectations and does everything I need and hoped for. It's fun, fast, and a head turner that inspires 'parking lot conversations'. I find it surprisingly solid mechanically for a 1st year effort ground up design.... no major flaws, very quiet, and SOLID feeling. I get the range and performance I expected (from a pretty large heavy SUV it's surprisingly fun and responsive). It is NOT a track star, or a dragster, but it is a fun, quick, attractive everyday BEV with 200+ mile range (warm) with enough room for all my work and play gear.

Disappointments
============

It took a while to get PAAK working correctly with my Android (Galaxy J7 running A9), and my center console blacked out in the first month or so the first time it overheated when parked in the sun. The display was replaced under warranty... so that is ok, but the design is questionable with a pretty big black back exposed to sunshine coming in, and no ventilation.

Second design flaw was not the car, but the thumb latch on the mobile charger... terrible weak design, and wrong material. snapped off the first time I dropped it. Dealer handled RMA and got me a whole new charger.... nice, but stupid for a $0.02 part.

I was not happy about the lack of access to 12v, fusebox, and HV disconnect for Emergency Responders.

The rear cargo cover is flimsy, flaps, falls off, and generally annoying.

Very unhappy that Jack lift pads are not provided and/or better marked... Service and DIY mechanics are bound to lift on and possible crush ALUMINUM battery rails, unless they read the manual first.

Very unhappy that there are no tow/extraction point in the rear at all, and the tow points in the front are just holes UNDER the front bumper, which are very likely to be inaccessible if you happen to bury the front end in a snowbank. There REALLY should be a front tow hook included with US vehicles as well as European... and provision for a rear as well.

I have been disappointed in the lack of detailed 'release notes' in the software updates.... I really hope details and better version management become the norm in the future.

I was STUNNED to find out the MME was not rated for ANY tow hitch capacity.... not that I wanted to pull a motor home, but I do want to have a hitch mount bike rack, and occasional small utility trailer use. So, that segues to Mods......

Modifications (so far)
==========
- lighter wheels for summer (Enkie TS-v), factory wheels for winter w Vredestein Wintrac Pros. totally optional mod 'just because'

- tow hitch receiver , Torklift was easy and effective.... bonus is rear tow points for snowbank extraction if needed. ;) I absolutely want and need a hitch and light tow capability. I totally expect this as a MINIMUM from a vehicle classified as an SUV

- access holes for 12v connection points.... probably going to add another for HV disconnect. I was shocked at the lack of access to required maintenance points.

- front seat replacement... I really dislike leather or leather-like seats, and I really wanted more shoulder bolstering, so I swapped in Corbeau A4 seats w micro-suede. Totally optional, and I would have bought 'performance' or cloth seats if available.

Enhancements I am waiting for
======================

- display of realtime power in/out in kW on the instrument panel to see whats going on in more detail

- refinement of the max output limiting to use more sophisticated sensor based data to extend the oft-mentioned '5-second' limit. It would go a long way toward maintaining a 'sporty' image if the performance was not artificially overly conservatively limited

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
When mine crossed 10k back in Dec, the trip 2 meter reset miles to 0, but kept the efficiency number. Now I Am stuck on 11k waiting on a new windshield, due to the recall! Ford should have known removal would result in breakage,
Sponsored