Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I've had my car for a month now and I also get the 12 volt message occasionally. I notice that whatever setting I leave my headlights on they are always back to "auto" in the morning. I suspect that this is related to the problem. I have never received a message via Ford Pass until this morning- Ford pass message stating "Electric Range Reduced." "Your lights were left on while Bruno was off and have reduced your distance to empty." Although Ford Pass shows I'm charged to 69% with 181 miles to empty. And the car starts (similar message on small screen and milage was donw to 178). 12 volt charged at 14.4 for a couple minutes, then down to 13.6. Then with HVB off 12 volt reads 12.8. Im not sure how worried I should be. Any thoughts....Eventually I will bring it to dealer. Optimistically I just uninstalled Optiwatt hoping this is the fix.
Also login to the Optiwatt website and delete the Mach-E from your account. Even if you uninstall the app, their server will still connect to the Mach-E periodically.
Sponsored

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I've been getting this message for a couple of weeks now. I am trying to schedule for my dealer to take a look at it and do the glass recall, but they are backlogged and windshields are back ordered. In the meantime, I'm trying to figure this out and decide if I should leave it parked until it gets diagnosed.

Basically, the first time I start the car for the day I get a "12v Battery Fault - Service soon" message. On other starts during the day, there is no error message. I have the little voltage monitor that plugs into the 12v outlet. When I first turn the car on, it is reading 14.5v. After the car is off, it drops to 12.5 to 12.9v (I'm actually trying to remember the exact numbers, but it was in that range).

PXL_20220504_002416334.MP.jpg
Curious to see how this saga ended for you. I had this pop-up on my 2021 Job 2 MME earlier today. I had only not driven the car for less than a day so definitely had me intrigued. I don't have the app that you had to remove to get your issue to go away. Wondering what other factors could be at play. I have already checked to make sure that no doors, lights etc. are left on in the car by mistake.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Curious to see how this saga ended for you. I had this pop-up on my 2021 Job 2 MME earlier today. I had only not driven the car for less than a day so definitely had me intrigued. I don't have the app that you had to remove to get your issue to go away. Wondering what other factors could be at play. I have already checked to make sure that no doors, lights etc. are left on in the car by mistake.
I think it was because I was using the Optiwatt app. I uninstalled the app, deleted my account, it went away.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
See this for a list of 12V drain causes: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-recondition-service-your-12v-battery.11069/
Sponsored