1500 miles charging fault and stop safe message (2023 Mach-E)

Elshrief

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E premium
Hey Mach E owners - I am reading on some failures that have been happening with charging faults. Not sure if my case is unique but appreciate any guidance. I returned home from a 10 mile drive and plugged the car into the home charger as I usually do and as per schedule it wasn’t supposed to start charging before a few hours. When I plugged it in it did make sounds as if it’s getting charged and then stops and then retries and then stops. I figured something was happening and I let it be. After a few mins got a message on the phone “charging fault” checked it out the indicator was red at the charging port and i attempted two times to unplug and plug and same exact thing happened its as if it’s trying to charge and then stops and after 3 time of doing that it gives me a fault. I unplugged the car and tried to start it, it gave me the “stop safely” message and the battery and car with exclamation mark icon was on and wouldn’t shift gear. Despite trying multiple times on/ off same thing. When I woke up in the morning the car started up normally and when plugged it in the charger it started charging ( was still within the preferred timing). I haven’t seen a thread where it started working again on its own usually the fault continues. Any help would be appreciated , I am scheduling to take it serviced as I don’t want this to happen on the road . It’s only 1500 miles :(
Sponsored

GatorGrowl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-e Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Read Mach Lees thread on LV battery charge. If you don’t drive at least every few days (even if kept plugged in) or have something like a dash cam always on, the 12v battery can get low and the car starts throwing errors.

Not saying that’s it - but most threads I’ve read where people get random errors that clear lead back to the LV battery.

OP
OP

Elshrief

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E premium
Thanks in my case I drive it almost every day and have nothing plugged in

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks in my case I drive it almost every day and have nothing plugged in
I think if you search you will find a few reported cases similar to yours. If I remember them correctly they were one time glitches (let car rest 15 min and retry?) but it does not hurt to have your car checked. Just do not be surprised if they do not find anything.
Sponsored