2.8.2 Rocks! Improves Bluecruise camera performance.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I have a July build Job 2 that came with operating blue cruise. No updates other than BC maps in February. I use BC every day except when the sun is shining in front of the car. So like 70% of the time, My progressive, coated glasses never agreed with it and I get the “watch the road” message constantly to the point, it puts the brakes on to get my attention. That “tone” disrupts my music constantly. I either take my glasses off, and I am blind without them, yes I have done it but I typically turn off Lane keep to continue the drive. With just adaptive cruise. So I have not been able to enjoy it on sunny days. I did have a Lightning for a weekend and had no issues. So I wondered if it was camera placement or bad Mach E design.

Today, with the sun shining on me, zero issues. 2.8.2 came Monday evening and this is a huge improvement for this issue.

I am going to a new eye doctor appointment tomorrow and was going to get non coated non progressive glasses for driving, now I do not have to. Just in time!

THANK YOU FORD!

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2.8.2 Rocks!  Improves Bluecruise camera performance. 839BBC6E-CF2E-417B-A354-ECF545C4497F
Sponsored

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I have a July build Job 2 that came with operating blue cruise. No updates other than BC maps in February. I use BC every day except when the sun is shining in front of the car. So like 70% of the time, My progressive, coated glasses never agreed with it and I get the “watch the road” message constantly to the point, it puts the brakes on to get my attention. That “tone” disrupts my music constantly. I either take my glasses off, and I am blind without them, yes I have done it but I typically turn off Lane keep to continue the drive. With just adaptive cruise. So I have not been able to enjoy it on sunny days. I did have a Lightning for a weekend and had no issues. So I wondered if it was camera placement or bad Mach E design.

Today, with the sun shining on me, zero issues. 2.8.2 came Monday evening and this is a huge improvement for this issue.

I was going to a new eye doctor appointment tomorrow and was going to get non coated non progressive glasses for driving, now I do not have to. Just in time!

THANK YOU FORD!

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2.8.2 Rocks!  Improves Bluecruise camera performance. 839BBC6E-CF2E-417B-A354-ECF545C4497F
This is my experience as well with a Job 1 that got BC OTA

Dave-O

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Odyssey
Occupation
Fuel hauler
Country flag
Sounds nice. We finally got blue cruise activated and within a week the front camera faulted out and now I don’t even have basic cruise control and no way to get it fixed anytime soon.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I used BC this evening on a 100 mile roundtrip (Orlando to Daytona and back) with my new 05/2022 build AWD ER and there is no more ping-ponging unlike my Job 2 2021 Premium RWD ER which would zig-zag left and right.

Ford is fine-tuning everything from the brake-blending to BC every new Job. Hopefully folks get these full updates over OTA and don't need to visit a dealer.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

I am going to a new eye doctor appointment tomorrow and was going to get non coated non progressive glasses for driving, now I do not have to. Just in time!

THANK YOU FORD!

Sounds helpful.
I didn't notice anything different when 2.8.2 installed. Glad some users are having success. 👍