Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Prem AWD, 2019 F150, ‘94 Vet, 1948 Willys
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
PAAK failed me today, it's been working great. When I attempted to use the Backup Start Passcode, the screen to enter the code would not come up. I kept getting the message on the drivers screen that No Key was present but the in-vehicle screen remaining blank even though I pushed on the brake and the start button at the same time. In the early days when PAAK failed, I would use the Backup Start Passcode, it worked great.

Two things learned today. First, after talking with a Ford Guide, to reset the system so PAAK would work, (1) open the drivers door (2) press the lock button, -I think the driver's mirror wiggled a bit-, (3) close the door (4) wait 2 minutes. (5) PAAK worked. Second, my Backup Start Passcode was lost after OTA 2.8.2 was installed. The fix: using the in-vehicle screen under Setting I looked up to see if my Backup Start Passcode was still in place. It was not. From the vehicle I then deleted PAAK and from the Ford Pass App, I reinstalled PAAK and the vehicle then asked if I wanted to set up a Backup Start Passcode, which I did. It then asked my if I wanted to set up a door code and when I tried, it told me that it was already in use.

Bottom line, PowerUp 2.8.2 deleted my Backup Start Passcode and left PAAK and my door code in place. Just glad the Ford Guide taught me how to reset the car's system so my PAAK would work. If you've had 2.8.2 installed lately, you might want to see if you still have a Backup Start Passcode. After 14,000 mile, still loving our MME and it's technology.
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
PAAK failed me today, it's been working great. When I attempted to use the Backup Start Passcode, the screen to enter the code would not come up. I kept getting the message on the drivers screen that No Key was present but the in-vehicle screen remaining blank even though I pushed on the brake and the start button at the same time. In the early days when PAAK failed, I would use the Backup Start Passcode, it worked great.

Two things learned today. First, after talking with a Ford Guide, to reset the system so PAAK would work, (1) open the drivers door (2) press the lock button, -I think the driver's mirror wiggled a bit-, (3) close the door (4) wait 2 minutes. (5) PAAK worked. Second, my Backup Start Passcode was lost after OTA 2.8.2 was installed. The fix: using the in-vehicle screen under Setting I looked up to see if my Backup Start Passcode was still in place. It was not. From the vehicle I then deleted PAAK and from the Ford Pass App, I reinstalled PAAK and the vehicle then asked if I wanted to set up a Backup Start Passcode, which I did. It then asked my if I wanted to set up a door code and when I tried, it told me that it was already in use.

Bottom line, PowerUp 2.8.2 deleted my Backup Start Passcode and left PAAK and my door code in place. Just glad the Ford Guide taught me how to reset the car's system so my PAAK would work. If you've had 2.8.2 installed lately, you might want to see if you still have a Backup Start Passcode. After 14,000 mile, still loving our MME and it's technology.
Good info for others! Getting the screen to appear has always been buggy, for some reason. I believe it is more reliable if you enter the car using the door unlock code and then try and turn it on. If you are able to enter the door with PaaK or your actual keys, it then seems to give more trouble pulling up the backup start code screen.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Good info for others! Getting the screen to appear has always been buggy, for some reason. I believe it is more reliable if you enter the car using the door unlock code and then try and turn it on. If you are able to enter the door with PaaK or your actual keys, it then seems to give more trouble pulling up the backup start code screen.
My backup start code has stopped working too. I have NOT received any OTAs after 2.6.0 though. The dealer did attempt to install BlueCruise 21G01 over a month ago but it wasn't successful. I tested the backup start code after that and it worked so I know it wasn't lost during that attempted update. It stopped working PRIOR to 2.6.0 so I know that wasn't the cause either. ???

For whatever reason, it doesn't work now and I can't get it back since I don't even have PaaK enabled on this current phone. I am hoping it just starts working again, like many other things on this car that sometimes fail and then sometimes start working after a few days. 🤔
Sponsored