Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hi all,

Just wanted to report my findings. I think I can give some insight on the vehicle at this point. Purchased 6/20/21 off the lot. Build date 5/10/21. Select SR AWD. I have put 3000 + miles on it, and just did my first semi long road trip, 160 miles to my destination and back.

The good: this car is fast. Economical to drive, is fun, the electronics are cool, interface is decent about a minute after boot/start. Good for road trips around California. Range isn't as big of a deal as most people make it out to be. If you think you need more than 211-230, go extended range, but I don't think the cost is worth it in my opinion. Pretty comfortable as far as cars go.

The bad: a lot to learn to really get the most out of your car. If you don't want to talk to strangers, don't get this car. Ground clearance. Glitchiness with PAAK.

Something to avoid: some EvGo chargers are BTC Fatboy models, avoid these at all cost.
Sponsored

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for the Update. 6000 miles on my select Since May 21st and I love mine Too. Zero issues other than PAAK. It’s a keeper for sure. At my cost of Fuel/home power equal to 79 MPG. I have done several 200 mile round trips, two 220 mile round trips. The first 220, I charged partway home at level 2 for a hour, just to be sure, the second I arrived home with no worry and 3% battery Remaining. Of course I cannot do that in the Winter. I agree, the ”need “ for a huge range is blown out of proportion. Ask my 124 Mile range Hyundai with 20k miles on it and no DCFC within 2 hours of home.

We are about to take a 500+ mile school clothes shopping trip (tomorrow). I cannot wait!

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
BTW I have charged twice at a EVGo BTC “fat boy” with no issue other than the creditcard reader does not work. I had to use the EVGo app on my phone to connect. 42 KWh out of a 50 kWh.

8572DB05-45C0-4053-BC43-200C8AFAC3BD.jpeg

F63BB028-AA48-40BC-97B4-15F270AADCD9.jpeg

593BDB8B-A2F5-4FFA-8597-3531F9EAD661.jpeg

39CC1754-9DA7-4D7A-BBF9-97E5B7F8D436.jpeg

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
As of today we are at 2 months and 2400 miles on our AWD EXT MME. I would agree that the extended range battery is not necessary for day to day usage but it was nice to have on our 900 mile road trip! PAAK was way too glitchy for my Wife so she keeps the FOB chained to her purse and I obtained one for myself. I like to park the car and then watch peoples reactions from a distance so I don’t have to talk to strangers about it! Lol

OP
OP

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
BTW I have charged twice at a EVGo BTC “fat boy” with no issue other than the creditcard reader does not work. I had to use the EVGo app on my phone to connect. 42 KWh out of a 50 kWh.

8572DB05-45C0-4053-BC43-200C8AFAC3BD.jpeg

F63BB028-AA48-40BC-97B4-15F270AADCD9.jpeg

593BDB8B-A2F5-4FFA-8597-3531F9EAD661.jpeg

39CC1754-9DA7-4D7A-BBF9-97E5B7F8D436.jpeg
Interesting, EvGo had actually acknowledged an issue between the BTC Fatboy and the Mach-E on the phone with me, and suggested I avoid them. YMMV.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Interesting, EvGo had actually acknowledged an issue between the BTC Fatboy and the Mach-E on the phone with me, and suggested I avoid them. YMMV.
Cool. I got 43.5 KWh tonight from it at the 120 mile point of our trip. I might try EA tomorrow for the first time.

JamesInWeston

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 8-25-21: 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E CalRt1
Occupation
Risk Management/Insurance
Country flag
As of today we are at 2 months and 2400 miles on our AWD EXT MME. I would agree that the extended range battery is not necessary for day to day usage but it was nice to have on our 900 mile road trip! PAAK was way too glitchy for my Wife so she keeps the FOB chained to her purse and I obtained one for myself. I like to park the car and then watch peoples reactions from a distance so I don’t have to talk to strangers about it! Lol
How did you get a 2nd keyfob and how much did you pay?

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
How did you get a 2nd keyfob and how much did you pay?
I've read recently that some that mach es being delivered now come with two key fobs, tho I haven't seen official confirmation.

Only providing one key fob at time of purchase is the only real complaint I have about the whole experience. . To get a fob with mustang logo is $169 to get one with a ford logo is $89. BTW, people are having to take these to the dealers for programming apparently locksmiths don't yet have the ability to program.

This is a link to the Mustang fob https://www.carandtruckremotes.com/2020-ford-mustang-smart-remote-164-r8159.html

and this is the ford logo version I don't think the $90 bucks for the pony is worth it. https://www.carandtruckremotes.com/2020-ford-mustang-smart-remote-key-fob.html

OP
OP

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
We just went back to the dealer and told them that we needed another FOB. We presented it to them as a fix for the PAAK problem. They paid for it.
My dealer has been hit and miss. I bought from them because they had the exact car I wanted in the lot, but I did have to pay 2250 ADM. Not complaining so much about that, but there was a real sticking point when I went to pick up the car, they wouldn't throw in or even give a discount for a second key fob, hell, they said they thought it couldn't even be programmed for the car.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
My dealer has been hit and miss. I bought from them because they had the exact car I wanted in the lot, but I did have to pay 2250 ADM. Not complaining so much about that, but there was a real sticking point when I went to pick up the car, they wouldn't throw in or even give a discount for a second key fob, hell, they said they thought it couldn't even be programmed for the car.
I actually got the FOB programmed at another dealer but the dealer we bought the car from STILL paid for it! Lol

OP
OP

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I actually got the FOB programmed at another dealer but the dealer we bought the car from STILL paid for it! Lol
Yeah, my dealer also had me come in to install the front license plate bracket, I asked prior to showing up if someone could look at the right side weatherstriping on the trunk, as it looks malformed, did when I picked the car up. Show up at my appointment, the service department had no clue that I wanted the weatherstriping looked at, and said they couldn't, because it needed a Ford mechanic to assess it.
Sponsored