abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
He doesn't know, obviously, but he reasons that production would start with premiums, as those would be the ones going out to dealers.
Fred - that makes sense. Demos will probably be Premium - has all the bells and whistles (all options) and will be produced first with FE so easiest to get out to dealers first.
Sponsored

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Which Ford website do we login to on the 26th?
ford.com
Ford pass
Fleet
Something different?
Ford.com. You will need to have a logon and password set up. Can do, anytime. I assume it will be under "My Reservation" on your home page.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Fred - that makes sense. Demos will probably be Premium - has all the bells and whistles (all options) and will be produced first with FE so easiest to get out to dealers first.
The dealers can pick what they want their demo's to be. They can pick any configuration except for the First Edition or GT's.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Did he give any indication of what would happen if you want to back out at the last minute? Like for instance, let's say your Mach-e arrives in Feb and they call you to finalize the sale and pick it up. But while they (presumably) let you see it and sit in it while there, you realize "Crap, I don't like XXX on this thing! Or YYY!" and decide not to buy it.

Can you still say no at that point? Will you lose the $500 deposit? Or do you have to finalize the sale before the car even shows up?
I asked about this. He said after December, you're "obligated" and would lose the deposit / order fee. He said as long as you don't drive off the lot with it, clearly you're not obligated for $56K, but you would lose out on the deposit. OH, he also said you could work out financing with them about a month beforehand if interested.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
No, he didn't mention anything about an X-plan, and I didn't ask, since I dont think it applies to me.
If you join the Mustang Club of America, you can get the X-Plan discount.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
He doesn't know, obviously, but he reasons that production would start with premiums, as those would be the ones going out to dealers.
There has been discussion of dealer demos arriving before FEs. That information and $2 will get you coffee at Starbucks.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If you join the Mustang Club of America, you can get the X-Plan discount.
I know this will sound a bit like a Geico ad but 5 minutes and $25 can save you hundreds of dollars off your Mach E price. Join the Mustang Club of America today.

machdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
I know this will sound a bit like a Geico ad but 5 minutes and $25 can save you hundreds of dollars off your Mach E price. Join the Mustang Club of America today.
Thanks, pulled the trigger and got the MCOA membership. Two key factors for all interested, X-Plan PIN generation must be done manually after joining and you must be a member for 60 days for the X-Plan discount to be utilized. Wish I knew this earlier.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thanks, pulled the trigger and got the MCOA membership. Two key factors for all interested, X-Plan PIN generation must be done manually after joining and you must be a member for 60 days for the X-Plan discount to be utilized. Wish I knew this earlier.
it’s ok. You don’t need the pin until final sale. You’re way ahead of the game still.

Musbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
This morning (24 June), I received a call from the sales manager at my local dealer in VA. He told me I could login to the Ford website on the 26th and confirm my order. He added the $500 reservation fee would be returned and I would be asked for another $500 order fee. Interestingly, he noted the price would be MSRP, and there would be no dealer markups at his location. Additionally, he mentioned he doesn’t anticipate his dealership having any to “test drive” before ordering or finalizing the sale. Lastly, he said they have 14 reservations at his dealership, and that Ford would soon be providing training and maintenance info to their team. My Reservation:
Mach-E Premium
Premium Extended Battery RWD
Infinite Blue
I think we have the same dealer in Alexandria. Sheehy? Did he say anything about the second $500 being refundable?
Sponsored