2022 Mach-E base trim value compared to other EV's?

2021mustangdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select RWD, grabber blue
Country flag
Here in Canada base price of MME Select RWD is $51495.00 before destination etc.
The other popular EV's such as VW ID4 RWD, Kia EV6, Hyundai Ioniq 5 all start at $44,995 to qualify for federal government's EV program.

Would the Mach-E can be considered good value when there is $6500 difference ( more than that id include rebate ) ? Is there features about the Mach-E you are getting that you would consider missing from the Kia, Hyundai, VW base level EV's?

Already have 2022 Mach-E Select RWD in grabber blue on order. Thinking there may be election ( Ontario ) in June and hopefully will have Ontario EV rebate back.

Guess while waiting, having second thoughts about my order with concern with the 12V battery issues being discussed here and owners having their MME die without warning.

Because of past history of driving only RWD cars, did not want FWD based EV such as the Nissan Leaf.

Dan
Sponsored

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
I ordered a 2022 Select AWD. I’m in Chilliwack, BC. I am disappointed with the way the rebates are structured. I qualified for the 3k provincial rebate, as my MSRP was $54,999. But lose out on the Federal $5k because it is over the $45k MSRP. The VW id4 base model and the Pro are 10k price difference, but because they fall under the same “model” they qualify for both rebates. They should have at least offered a Select with roll up windows, no air conditioning, etc., that nobody could possibly buy or order, to get a base price of $45k. That is the advantage of the other manufacturers in my opinion.

Last edited: