2022 Mach E GT sunglasses holder broken and Fremont Ford refused to repair under warranty

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Just looking at all complaints of the holder breaking...seems like a quality issue for sure!
Sponsored

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
As a first time ford owner it’s stupid shit like this that piss me off. First the seat started cracking now my sunglasses holder and the car isn’t even two year old but out of warranty. This is basic stuff that they should have mastered by now. I am not mad at all by the HV component issues, thats new and bound to have a learning curve.

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I have never used mine. It is probably still working. If it is broken and block my rearview mirror, that would be a safety issue.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I have never used mine. It is probably still working. If it is broken and block my rearview mirror, that would be a safety issue.
What’s funny is I forgot we even have one. My sunglasses sit on my charging tray area.

As far as being a warranty item, it depends on why it broke.

Manufacturing defect vs physical damage. The latter wouldn’t be covered.

On a related note, how much does the piece cost? It may not be worth your timing fighting it if it’s $30.

OP
OP

Caliboyz001

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
previous post has a link to it and it costs $190. I am more pissed that it is such a simple plastic part and couldn't last for more than 2 years. I use tape to shut it closed now. Last week was warm ~70 degree, and the tape failed lol...

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
previous post has a link to it and it costs $190. I am more pissed that it is such a simple plastic part and couldn't last for more than 2 years. I use tape to shut it closed now. Last week was warm ~70 degree, and the tape failed lol...
I checked and the holder did not block the rearview mirror. Mine is not broken. $190 is very stiff. If it is broken and blocks the rearview mirror, I would file a complaint with NHTSA. Fighting is not worth it.

joebu8453

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company
This is a disappointing quality issue that the simple part that holds the sunglasses compartment broke after one year of owning Mach E. I have owned several cars that are 10/20 years old and none of them have this type of simple part issue. I went to Fremont Ford dealership at Fremont, CA on 2/17/24 to address this issue. The service adviser looked at the broken holder and said that the warranty doesn’t cover it even though I also bought extended Ford premium coverage from the same dealership. I feel like that I wasted money to buy the extended premium coverage when it doesn’t even cover a simple defect. My wife and I have babied this car since it was picked up in October 2022. Now I have doubts about Ford products and Ford customer service again. I wanted to root for America made products but I will reconsider next time. I found other posts from different members that had this same exact issue. Some were repaired under warranty and some were not. Ford should resolve this issue.

IMG_0609.jpeg
Take it to Walnut Creek Ford. Great service.