23CR1 - stock aero wheels - switching 225 to 235

geniroh82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME CR1
Country flag
My stock michelin primacy is almost done (at 4/32) at 15k. I am looking at the DWS06+ which comes in 235.
Is it safe to switch to that ?
that is from 225/60/R18 to 235/60/R18. Other than affecting range, what else can I expect in terms of ride quality ?
RIght now I feel my rear is very bumpy. I maintain at 39 psi on a cold day.

Any other suggestions welcome. I have read through the posts and see that the hankook evo ion as suv is pretty popular as well.

I like to be quick when light hits green, not much highway driving. mostly 35-55 city roads. Dallas area - dont need too much snow protection.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Going up a little in section width will require a little less tire pressure, all else being equal. I am guessing about 1.5 psi less. This will make the ride a little softer but don’t expect it to completely smooth it out. If you are feeling the “bouncy” ride that many have experienced, that is a function of the stiff springs and dampers that don’t have enough rebound control. That issue can only be solved by doing the aftermarket rear shock upgrade that @markboris developed. 😊🐩

OP
OP

geniroh82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME CR1
Country flag
Going up a little in section width will require a little less tire pressure, all else being equal. I am guessing about 1.5 psi less. This will make the ride a little softer but don’t expect it to completely smooth it out. If you are feeling the “bouncy” ride that many have experienced, that is a function of the stiff springs and dampers that don’t have enough rebound control. That issue can only be solved by doing the aftermarket rear shock upgrade that @markboris developed. 😊🐩
I understand. yep from what I read it's the tightness of the shock system in the non-pe versions.
link to the shock upgrade ? thanks !

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag