poweryogagirl

First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 Edition
Country flag
I should know the answer to this, but I really don't. I have a first gen, delivered 2/12/21 coming up on 25k miles. I had the tires rotated around 15k miles so I know I am due for that... but any reason I need to take it to Ford for anything? Any kind of service I should have done by them?

I had so many issues with them between roof recall replacement, front camera fault that I finally had to tell them how to solve and software glitches that I am happy to stay away from them as long as possible. They just aren't great and never seem to know the answer. Thanks!!
Sponsored

tbrumleve

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium eAWD Standard Range
Country flag
Service schedule is in the manual. 10k mi intervals. Every 20k is a cabin air filter. Every 10k is a tire rotation. Nothing special until 100k.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
I would advise always follow Manufacturerā€™s specifications especially on servicing, whether you may think or anybody may try and tell to service schedules need not be followed.

Servicing is a preventative measure in place for good reason so should be carried out for that reason and also for safetyā€™s sake.

Additionally, failure to invest in a full main dealer service history may mean denial of warranty claims and my experience is that faults which arise outside the warranty period which a Manufacturer may well offer a contribution towards if a full main dealer service history is in place will not even be considered without.

If you donā€™t maintain the car in accordance with makerā€™s requirements and you kill or maim somebody due to a fault that might be picked up during routine maintenance & inspection and you havenā€™t bothered with servicing, especially in the US, you leave yourself open to all sorts of liabilities.

We spent a lot of money on our amazing cars, it simply has to be worth maintaining them properly.

Your US service schedules differ from the UKā€™s.

After my first 18,000/1st year service which became due on mileage at around 6mths old, they changed the servicing schedule to 2yrs UNLIMITED mileage!

For me thatā€™s 60,000 miles which Iā€™m really not happy with.

Even though Iā€™m a forensic vehicle examiner who checks things over regularly and has the 4-wheel alignment professionally checked a couple of times a year, tyres changes every 45,000 miles-ish Iā€™m still not happy that I could go 60,000 miles without the main dealer going under the car to check it over.

Therefore, I take mine in to Ford every 20,000 miles which is around every 8 months when they also can check for any updates and recalls and/or customer service programs!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I would advise always follow Manufacturerā€™s specifications especially on servicing, whether you may think or anybody may try and tell to service schedules need not be followed.

Servicing is a preventative measure in place for good reason so should be carried out for that reason and also for safetyā€™s sake.

Additionally, failure to invest in a full main dealer service history may mean denial of warranty claims and my experience is that faults which arise outside the warranty period which a Manufacturer may well offer a contribution towards if a full main dealer service history is in place will not even be considered without.

If you donā€™t maintain the car in accordance with makerā€™s requirements and you kill or maim somebody due to a fault that might be picked up during routine maintenance & inspection and you havenā€™t bothered with servicing, especially in the US, you leave yourself open to all sorts of liabilities.

We spent a lot of money on our amazing cars, it simply has to be worth maintaining them properly.

Your US service schedules differ from the UKā€™s.

After my first 18,000/1st year service which became due on mileage at around 6mths old, they changed the servicing schedule to 2yrs UNLIMITED mileage!

For me thatā€™s 60,000 miles which Iā€™m really not happy with.

Even though Iā€™m a forensic vehicle examiner who checks things over regularly and has the 4-wheel alignment professionally checked a couple of times a year, tyres changes every 45,000 miles-ish Iā€™m still not happy that I could go 60,000 miles without the main dealer going under the car to check it over.

Therefore, I take mine in to Ford every 20,000 miles which is around every 8 months when they also can check for any updates and recalls and/or customer service programs!
Pretty alarmist, especially the kill or maim part.

It's a visual inspection and a tire rotation, along with a few air filter changes, until you get over 100,000 miles, in the US.

I can imagine there are a few law firms that could go after me for a dirty air filter...

I agree that you should have the visual inspection, and should rotate tires on schedule. But the world doesn't end if you don't.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The schedule is also in FordPass under the Service tab.
Sponsored