rhfritz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE
Country flag
With regard to the cabin air filter, has anyone found a way to keep the "Recirculate" function turned on? Unlike our prior vehicles which have a "Max / Recirc" function that's a button, the MME hides this behind a menu and it doesn't stay on.
Sponsored

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired engineer
Country flag
Mine included work to fix the intermittent front camera/Blue Cruise failure on my First Edition that required me to leave the car for a day. The $30 service charge was OK, but they made me suffer through the ordeal with a Mach-e GT loaner! 🤣

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
With regard to the cabin air filter, has anyone found a way to keep the "Recirculate" function turned on? Unlike our prior vehicles which have a "Max / Recirc" function that's a button, the MME hides this behind a menu and it doesn't stay on.
Don’t use “Auto” and don’t have air directed to the windshield. It will stay on.

MachEUser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
That’s the theory………until something goes wrong, particularly after warranty expires when there will be no goodwill offers.

I think it depends more on the individual dealer and how Ford is feeling. The dealer is not going to eat the costs for goodwill. Ford has to ultimately cover the repair.

If you purchased it there or they feel for you, they may go to bat with ford but there are some many factors you can’t predict like the nature of the issue, Ford PR concerns, recalls, etc.

I wouldn’t put too much faith in regular cabin filter change resulting in instant goodwill for some major issue past warranty.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
I think it depends more on the individual dealer and how Ford is feeling. The dealer is not going to eat the costs for goodwill. Ford has to ultimately cover the repair.

If you purchased it there or they feel for you, they may go to bat with ford but there are some many factors you can’t predict like the nature of the issue, Ford PR concerns, recalls, etc.

I wouldn’t put too much faith in regular cabin filter change resulting in instant goodwill for some major issue past warranty.
I think you miss the point.

The triviality of whether, how often and who changes the pollen filter is not the important issue.

It is the presence of a full dealer service history, whatever you think of that, which often is the trigger for any goodwill assistance when something contentious occurs especially out of warranty.

Last edited:

Pedro Diaz

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E 4X California Route-1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Rotate tires, change cabin air filter, do safety check

I recommend you do the air filter yourself if you are at all handy, otherwise you'll have to pay their labor rates on an easy job.
Whatever you do, take the work done and make a note of it with the phone app for your records. Even the mundane stuff like air filter.

MikeGB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 premium extended range AWD
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have the tires rotated every 10K. Asked the service manager if there could be a warranty issue if I didn't do 10k, 20k... inspection, he said no. Then I asked if he would paid a dealership for these inspections, he said no.
Sponsored