Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Thats excellent efficiency! I wish I would have known that CA RT1 wheels fit a GTPE when I bought mine. Definitely would have got a winter set like that instead of the 20s I went with.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SWO

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Thats excellent efficiency! I wish I would have known that CA RT1 wheels fit a GTPE when I bought mine. Definitely would have got a winter set like that instead of the 20s I went with.
I have a GT with GTPE wheels. Sorry for any confusion.

OP
OP
SWO

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh I see. Never mind, they probably don't then... Well at least you get one nice bonus from the smaller brakes.
Someone on reddit did it and they would physically bolt up but it was ridiculously close.

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT- Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Hotel L2: Again plugshare is great here. Hilton seemed to have the best free L2 chargers. On our last night in Hilton Head I made a reservation at the only hotel with L2 charging (a single plug). I knew from Plugshare that it was hit or miss, so I expected the worst and got it. It turns out they had a 32+A charger being supplied by a 20A circuit (I feel like that has to be a code violation?). Unless you can adjust the charging current in the vehicle (like Tesla) it will pop the breaker (which our car did). Not being able to charge overnight meant we had to top off at the nearest EA, adding at least 30min to a long day.

I had no idea that's the issue with the ClipperCreek charger at the Sonesta. I used a Tesla to J1772 adapter that I had on me and the Tesla charger there worked without issue. I always have one in the car with me for just that situation. (note: it only works on AC Tesla chargers, not their supercharger network)

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I've also had good experience using bluetooth to allow it to see battery level / consumption.
Is that with using an ODB scanner?

OP
OP
SWO

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I forgot to mention BlueCruise. I used it for all highway miles except for one or two instances of heavy rush hour traffic with jockeying (I don't trust the system to brake when someone cuts in front of me at the last minute) and the last day when I was driving in heavy rain.

Speed sign recognition worked pretty well. I would say that I had 3-4 instances where it was unable to read a digital sign (I think this was in WV, other states were better) and maybe 3 instances where I was on the highway and it read a phantom number thinking the speed limit decreased (it may have been a minimum speed?).

The system must have received a small update because it seems to work better than when it was initially activated on my 21. It disengages less when the right line disappears and seems to stay centered better. It appears to pull right for a moment when activating, almost as if it is "finding" the right line before going back to center.

OP
OP
SWO

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Yep I'm familiar with all those chargers on plugshare. :)

On a related note, one thing I learned about ABRP is that it doesn't take operating hours into account. If I had followed it's directions, it would have sent me to the CPE250 at the GM(?) dealership that's turned off during non-working hours at 1am.
Yeah... there's another one, a ChargePoint, at Bill Porter Chevrolet in Ohio just 10 or so miles North from Gallipolis, by I think Pomeroy... this charging station is accessible 24 / 7 but it shuts off when the dealership closes. I mean, wassup with that?

OP
OP
SWO

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah... there's another one, a ChargePoint, at Bill Porter Chevrolet in Ohio just 10 or so miles North from Gallipolis, by I think Pomeroy... this charging station is accessible 24 / 7 but it shuts off when the dealership closes. I mean, wassup with that?
Yep. And I think there's another one at a Hyundai dealer, but it's in the middle of their sales lot and sometimes blocked by cars?

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I live in Kentucky. Where in Kentucky did you charge?
I sometimes use the EA stations on I-75 in Georgetown, just North of Lexington. My Kentucky runs are East - West and West - East.

OP
OP
SWO

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I live in Kentucky. Where in Kentucky did you charge?
My only DCFC was the EA in Georgetown, KY. Aside from the busy lot, I had no problems with that location. Love Kentucky - beautiful state.

Ironbaby

First Name
Soumya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE
Country flag
Do you have a 2021 MachE? How miles have you driven so far ?!

OP
OP
SWO

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you have a 2021 MachE? How miles have you driven so far ?!
We had a 21 Select AWD, this is a 22. Mileage is 12k and change.
Sponsored