4/24/23 Build Week gang

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Just curious,. Periodically A message comes up that says "Drive mode not available". When I go to settings, all 3 drive modes are not selectable and the picture of the car is black with only the day time running lamps showing. Curious is anyone else has seen this?
Yes, a few times. It went away each time when I restarted the car. The last time, though, it resolved itself before I could restart it.I've seen other people mention this but never as a severe issue. I think I had the car for more than a month before it happened the first time. Software glich?
Sponsored

OP
OP
65MustangBoy

65MustangBoy

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Mustang, 2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have to say how impressed I am with Ford Motor Co. I have owned many new vehicles over the years and never once have I been contacted by a vehicle manufacturer over an issue I posted on a forum. Thank you Ford for reaching out to me over what I consider a very minor issue that might not even be the fault of the vehicle. I realize it could be my phone or even service e provider.
Scheduled the appointment with the dealer. I have to give credit to Ford reaching out yo me on this. I think they reset and made some updates. But I still have the issue. Anyone else experience this? When I make a call, sometimes ( not every time), The other party can hear me but I can't hear them. I say "if you van hear me call me back". And it seems to fail most often if I use the voice recognition to initiate the call.

donstim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I'm the one who reported this issue first. I was also asked to contact Ford support. They walked me through the same resets. I told them one of the areas I encountered the calling problem (very choppy voice connection) was close by and asked if I could drive out there to test it. I had been working with her while the car was in the garage. As soon as I backed out of the driveway, I could no longer hear her, but she could hear me. She let this go for a few minutes before hanging up and calling me back. In that call, it worked fine. She advised me to schedule an appointment with the dealer.

I haven't done that yet because this is kind of an intermittent issue. I've had test phone calls since then that sometimes worked fine, but other times one of us could not hear the other. I have doubts that the dealer will be able to find and resolve this type of intermittent issue.

I have another intermittent connectivity issue as well with the modem connection to the Ford network. When I first got the car, it would not connect, which prevented me from using features like navigation that appear to have some dependency on having a good network connection. Just about the time I was about to schedule a service appointment, the car connected and the issue appeared to have gone away.

However, it has reappeared again. It would not connect for several days last week. Yesterday, on my way home from the longest trip I've taken with the car, it disconnected as I was nearing my home. I was about to cancel the route when I noticed that there no longer was a route shown! However, as I neared any turn that I needed to make, the small display in front of me would show the turn even though the big screen nav map no longer had a route shown and there was no audio turn direction.

Related to the connectivity issue (I think) is that I still have not received any OTA updates since 4.2.2.2.

I've also had audio disconnection issues, both with music on a USB stick and with Sirius XM radio. The audio will suddenly stop in the middle of a song. I can switch to other media, but the media source with the issue will be out of commission until I stop and restart the car.

OP
OP
65MustangBoy

65MustangBoy

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Mustang, 2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If I initiate a call with voice command (outgoing), I would estimate 80% of the time I can't hear the party on the other end. But they report they can hear me.

I've not had any issues with connected services dropping.

Chris D

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aston Martin Vantage V8, Mustang Mach-E Premium EX
Country flag
Same here. People can hear me upon placing or receiving the first call after I start driving, but I can't hear them (or barely with lots of static). As of the second call, all works well.

However, I noticed that it usually does help when you activate Android Auto via the car screen first. Once the app has loaded on your screen, calls seem to work immediately.

It seems to me that Android Auto doesn't fully load until you force it to start, which might explain why the first call often fails.
Sponsored