Si3po

First Name
Jessie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Just got home from test driving a blue select trim mach e with comfort/tech package. Told dealer I'm interested in driving vehicle off the lot. He came back w a price of 55k after TTL. I noticed the MSRP was 49,000 but on the builder it's in the 46s. I knew right away that something was up. Tried to negotiate it down to MSRP but he wouldn't budge. This was nuts and it was only a select trim!
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Was it all wheel drive? The Select with comfort/tech is 46k, but the delivery is another 1100 and AWD would add 2600, so 49 is about right. Them asking 55 is ludicrous for their demo, though.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Not sure what your sales tax rate is or what registration costs near you, but that could be $3000 - $4000 of the additional cost right there. Did they give you a breakdown?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Not sure what your sales tax rate is or what registration costs near you, but that could be $3000 - $4000 of the additional cost right there. Did they give you a breakdown?
Oh yeah, forgot about that

OP
OP

Si3po

First Name
Jessie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I couldn't attach the breakdown on here since the size is too large so I had to upload it online here https://gofile.io/d/SYp4he

The vehicle had 221 miles on it not 23. And I live in Texas. Not sure if it's AWD or not. But yeah 55k is pretty ludacris for a select trim.

Last edited:

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
I couldn't attach the breakdown on here since the size is too large so I had to upload it online here https://gofile.io/d/SYp4he

The vehicle had 221 miles on it not 23. And I live in Texas. Not sure if it's AWD or not. But yeah 55k is pretty ludacris for a select trim.
The VIN would help determine exactly how the vehicle is equipped. The $2k in dealer adds don't help either. Unless of course you are interested in those items.

OP
OP

Si3po

First Name
Jessie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I blacked out the Vin for privacy. And no I did not like the 2k extra dealer add ons. I asked for them to be removed to no avail. He insists that is how they make profit!

monolith10101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier
Country flag

Looks like they marked it up about $2K over MSRP and then tacked on a bunch of dealer add ons. It’s good you passed. Look around at other dealers.

OP
OP

Si3po

First Name
Jessie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Yeah I had a bad taste in my mouth when I saw that too. It makes me not want to go to a dealer again. Thinking Tesla model Y again... But man I loved the test drive.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yeah I had a bad taste in my mouth when I saw that too. It makes me not want to go to a dealer again. Thinking Tesla model Y again... But man I loved the test drive.
Unfortunately there are good and bad dealers; you just need to look for a good one. Better to get the car you want than get the car you don't because you had a run-n with a bad dealer.

It's a case of supply and demand; BTW Tesla has upped prices several times this year already whereas only some Ford dealers have added markup.

OP
OP

Si3po

First Name
Jessie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Unfortunately there are good and bad dealers; you just need to look for a good one. Better to get the car you want than get the car you don't because you had a run-n with a bad dealer.

It's a case of supply and demand; BTW Tesla has upped prices several times this year already whereas only some Ford dealers have added markup.
Yeah I am aware of the price hikes. I was hoping for competition between these companies for them to start lowering the prices, guess we will have to wait and see.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
What dealer in Texas is it? It can be a mess. I had a lot of issues getting my Mach E here in Austin but I had ordered in Fed of 2020 and locked it down before things went crazy. From what I have been hearing from some people I know who work at a ford dealership is it getting nuts. They are only selling right now people who have ordered them. They might move some people up the list for a order they get early but mostly are just pulling from their custom order group to avoid a lot of other issues for a while

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
That’s a RWD. With the ADM and list of dealer “add-ons”, you’re right to walk away from that deal.

OP
OP

Si3po

First Name
Jessie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
What dealer in Texas is it? It can be a mess. I had a lot of issues getting my Mach E here in Austin but I had ordered in Fed of 2020 and locked it down before things went crazy. From what I have been hearing from some people I know who work at a ford dealership is it getting nuts. They are only selling right now people who have ordered them. They might move some people up the list for a order they get early but mostly are just pulling from their custom order group to avoid a lot of other issues for a while
Legacy Ford in Houston.

121gigawatts

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Not Soon Enough
Country flag
I know every dealer I've talked to with an MME for test drives is going to sell it at full MSRP once they reach the 4k miles. Kind of crazy honestly. Making it worst is the fee's they tried tacking on to your purchase.

Can't wait until we get rid of dealerships. If I could buy the car on the Ford website for the MSRP + $1,100 in delivery fees? I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Sponsored