emgrrr

First Name
Emerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachE GTPE
Country flag
They had me wait so long now they need to wait :) no, for some reason the “complete purchase” is not available yet I’ll be waiting on that rather than go into the dealership. They’ll deliver the car at my house. Hope you get it soon, seems like there are different routes and transport services depending on dealerships
Delivery to your house!! Wow. Wish I had that option.
Sponsored

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
According to Accelerated Services, an auto transport company, my GTPE is scheduled to be delivered to my dealer in the Dakotas today. However, the driver has a bunch of stops to make, so it might not be unloaded until tomorrow or Monday. The dealership is closed on Sundays.

I'm now officially within Ford's ETA window of 7/23/22 to 7/29/22. Making travel plans and getting excited!

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Question for those of you who are planning to use Ford Options financing: Does it make sense to pre-qualify via the Ford Credit website, or just wait until you get to the dealership and apply there in person?

I have a long relationship with Ford Motor Credit, which should help me get the best rates available. But I'm thinking by applying online I could save some time at the dealer.

imperator

First Name
Jiyu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Continental
Country flag
Question for those of you who are planning to use Ford Options financing: Does it make sense to pre-qualify via the Ford Credit website, or just wait until you get to the dealership and apply there in person?

I have a long relationship with Ford Motor Credit, which should help me get the best rates available. But I'm thinking by applying online I could save some time at the dealer.
I want to use Ford Options and it seems like my dealer has never used it before. I need to wait till Monday when their finance person is on duty to know how to proceed with Ford Options.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I want to use Ford Options and it seems like my dealer has never used it before. I need to wait till Monday when their finance person is on duty to know how to proceed with Ford Options.
Yeah, I'm in the same situation with my current dealer. Because the Ford Options program is unique to the MME and Lightning, many dealers aren't yet familiar with it. Especially those that don't sell many EVs.

This can be a deal-killer: I had a GT on order at Santa Maria Ford where the old-school finance manager outright refused to join the 21st century and offer any new promotional financing program. He claimed they didn't have the ability to do e-contracting, which is required for Ford Options. That dealership has since changed their policy on this under pressure from Ford Credit.

My dealer for the GTPE also hasn't ever done a Ford Options contract, but they're willing to try. And I've verified they're able to do e-contracting, which is essential. The finance manager is going to call his Ford Credit rep and have them walk him through the process. Maybe I'll even get the 1.4% interest rate that applied when the car was originally ordered, even though I wasn't the original customer...!

imperator

First Name
Jiyu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Continental
Country flag
Yeah, I'm in the same situation with my current dealer. Because the Ford Options program is unique to the MME and Lightning, many dealers aren't yet familiar with it. Especially those that don't sell many EVs.

This can be a deal-killer: I had a GT on order at Santa Maria Ford where the old-school finance manager outright refused to join the 21st century and offer any new promotional financing program. He claimed they didn't have the ability to do e-contracting, which is required for Ford Options. That dealership has since changed their policy on this under pressure from Ford Credit.

My dealer for the GTPE also hasn't ever done a Ford Options contract, but they're willing to try. And I've verified they're able to do e-contracting, which is essential. The finance manager is going to call his Ford Credit rep and have them walk him through the process. Maybe I'll even get the 1.4% interest rate that applied when the car was originally ordered, even though I wasn't the original customer...!
Hopefully this process won't be as struggling as the 10 months waiting.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Hopefully this process won't be as struggling as the 10 months waiting.
I hear you! One of the main reasons to do Ford Options is to take advantage of the $2,000 rebate. I told my dealer I don't want to leave that much money on the table. They seemed to understand that!

imperator

First Name
Jiyu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Continental
Country flag
I hear you! One of the main reasons to do Ford Options is to take advantage of the $2,000 rebate. I told my dealer I don't want to leave that much money on the table. They seemed to understand that!
Totally agree. The flexibility to buy out any time also seems promising.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Just spoke with my dealer in the Dakotas. No sign of my car yet today. The auto transport truck was scheduled to be there today but must have been delayed.

Still, he told me they often have transporters show up at night or on Sundays when the dealership is closed. I guess I’ll find out on Monday morning!

Last edited: