8/29/22 Build Week Gang

Pangea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 VW CC, 2022 Mach E Rte 1- ordered
Country flag
Adding that I chatted with the Ford rep this morning and they had the anticipated delivery week as October 16-22. Here's hoping!
Sponsored

Pangea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 VW CC, 2022 Mach E Rte 1- ordered
Country flag
Well now that we have an end in sight, I was considering buying a home charger so I can get in line for an electrician. I would like to have a good one as I plan to basically charge at home all the time. I have seen people mention the Chargepoint, Grizzl-E and Juicebox regularly, but when I look on Amazon there are so many different ones for each of those brands! Have any of you seen threads for home charger comparisons or have thoughts on these? My utility company does not provide any rebates so that's not a factor. I am not someone who is good at DIYing things and plan to hire someone for the install. Thanks!

jennaclon

First Name
Jenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium Ext Range AWD (ordered 10/1)
Country flag
Joining!

Ordered 10/1 - Premium AWD ER, Space White

Build Week 08/29

Last edited:

Mache65

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E, 21 F150 PB Limited, 21 Ram 1500 Limited
Country flag

OP
OP

atpaks

First Name
AR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Country flag
Well now that we have an end in sight, I was considering buying a home charger so I can get in line for an electrician. I would like to have a good one as I plan to basically charge at home all the time. I have seen people mention the Chargepoint, Grizzl-E and Juicebox regularly, but when I look on Amazon there are so many different ones for each of those brands! Have any of you seen threads for home charger comparisons or have thoughts on these? My utility company does not provide any rebates so that's not a factor. I am not someone who is good at DIYing things and plan to hire someone for the install. Thanks!
The Mach E comes with its own charger that I believe can charge at around 32amp. I'm planning on using that initially to see how fast I'm able to charge and figure out the need for investing in another charger. Given the supply chain constraints all chargers' prices have increased by around $50-100. So I'm planning on playing the waiting game and use the provided charger. If I need one later, I may wait until I get a good deal or until the prices hopefully go down again.

Mache65

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Mach E comes with its own charger that I believe can charge at around 32amp. I'm planning on using that initially to see how fast I'm able to charge and figure out the need for investing in another charger. Given the supply chain constraints all chargers' prices have increased by around $50-100. So I'm planning on playing the waiting game and use the provided charger. If I need one later, I may wait until I get a good deal or until the prices hopefully go down again.
about 20 amp at 240, I believe not 32 amp

bulbs.com had ChargePoint for 699

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
All I have read says that the regular wall out let charges the battery maybe 3 mile per hour so it can take days to charge up. But if you are not driving tons that should not be a problem. Adding a 240V outlet allows the car to charge fully overnight.

Here in the Bay Area 240V outlet installation is pretty costly if they have to pull permits etc.

Mache65

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dealer confirmed built Date of 9/3, no sticker yet, 🥳

bvalent

First Name
Barron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RLX Sport Hybrid, MME PREM AWD E
Country flag
I first got a build week of 8/22 , then it moved to build week of 8/29 , then i called ford and got a build date of 8/31 , called again a few weeks later .. yesterday , and now i have a build date of 9/2 ...so i guess technically i am still in the build week of 8/29 ..dealer getting it 10/12 .... i will believe it when i see it.. hopefully i get a window sticker the week before ( 2 more weeks)... ordered a Ice white appearance package AWD ER battery on 11/18/2021.. it has been a long wait , from what i read it is worth the wait ...😊

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Did you look into installing a 240 outlet and using the one that comes with the car? Or does a dedicated wall charge seem better?

Maxwells4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select RWD + CTP, IBSM
Country flag
I just got an email from Ford:
Your vehicle's build date has been delayed.
Oh, no! I read on:
We now expect to begin building it the week of August 22, 2022.
Wait, that's... Still earlier than what they originally told me? Either they are moving schedules earlier without telling us, or they are very confused about their production schedule...

Mache65

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you look into installing a 240 outlet and using the one that comes with the car? Or does a dedicated wall charge seem better?
i have ford charger in car and at home I installed charge point charger, going to upgrade the wiring so charge point can charge at full capacity in winter.

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Got this email today?? Not sure Ford knows what delayed means. Might have to switch forum posts.... :):)

" We’ve had to delay the production timeframe for your 2022 Mustang Mach‑E Select. We now expect to begin building it the week of August 22, 2022. "

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag