Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Quick Review 800 miles Iced Blue GTPE

I've had my Mach E for a little over two weeks. Reddit was good to me. I thought it was time to share. For background, my last car was a 2017 Chevy SS sedan. Basically a four door Camaro from Australia with a 420 HP, 6.2 liter LS3 and an automatic. Roomy, fun car. Magma-ride. Before that I had a 480HP, 2019 Mustang Bullitt with a 6 speed manual. Magna-ride. I had an Alfa Romeo Stelvio. Totally fun, but too cramped. I daily drive a 2020 Ram Rebel with a Hemi.

The Mach E? Does it make me look back when I leave it in a parking lot? Yes. Do I like opening the door to the garage and seeing the rear 3/4 fastback. Yes. Reminds me of a 65. Did I name it? Yes already. But.

From other angles the wheelbase looks too long. Under-tired? A staggered setup would look better. Still.

The shape is striking. The lighting is handsome and distinctive. The wheels are beautiful. I removed the door badging. The rest of the car is exceptionally clean. Lighted Pony badge on the grill and GT badge on the rump. Very cool! The details are handsome. A sporty compromise of sedan and SUV. Well done Ford.

I ordered Iced Blue. Then I got concerned. I donā€™t think the color looks itā€™s best in photos. In person, much better. Itā€™s blue, not silver. It has a nice flash in the sun, but doesnā€™t draw attention parked at Hā€‘Eā€‘B and Home Depot. Good choice. should be rare.

Itā€™s well built. Much better than either of my last two. Probably the finest driving car I've owned. However.

Roll down the windows and the cargo cover flaps in the wind Not inspiring. For the price, a few things are missing. More adjustments on those not cooled seats. Memory seat for the passenger. Rear seat ambient lighting and climateā€¦ā€¦.. And a few things don't feel like they belong (glovebox) in a $70,000 car. And.

It's impressively quiet and solid. The seats and interior materials feel great and are attractive. I'm 6'4", 250#. The room and comfort are enviable. The seats are very grippy without being confining. I think they'll get even better with a little break-in. More adjustments would be normal at this price point. Ford see Genesis after school.

The software definitely needs to improve. I'm looking forward to the screen update to use the dial for temperature and heated seats. I miss buttons forā€¦.1 touch, canā€™t miss, works every time controls. Just saying. On the other hand, I'm amazed at how much customization is available. Cool feature. Blue Cruise using traffic sign recognition and a user determined fudge factor helps me speed safely.?!. I dig it. Getting information back from the car? Not so much, The trip computer needs much more information. Ford we're interested. Tell us stuff. How much electricity is used on a trip?!

How does it drive? Phenomenal! I'm addicted to one pedal driving in any mode (the low button on the shifter only works when one pedal is not activated). I think all of the driving modes have their place and time. It's stupidly fast for short bursts and has convinced me of my age as the acceleration jiggles my cheeks like on a roller coaster. It's the stickiest car I've ever driven. Most of the fast cars in my past were tail happy rear wheel drive. That's tons of fun, but I believe this car is faster on a twisty road. Its ability to put down power without wheelspin or outside noise is addicting and feels anonymous and sneaky!

Today, I treated Mr. Ed (a horse of course) to a romp down Texas State HWY 51 between Granbury and Glen Rose. What a riot. On the way down, I was able to engage Unbridled Extend. This disables one pedal driving and seems to even out the throttle. I noticed the reduction in power. The violent acceleration of this car doesn't last, but it's powerful and covers ground fast. Since one pedal was off, I got my first chance to really use the brake pedal. These brakes are powerful, but-not the smoothest. Still on a twisty road.

Sling-shotting from corner to corner, the grip and power are amazing. Itā€™s heavy, but what a blast and very secure feeling at elevated speeds! On the way back, I tried to re-engage Unbridled Extended, but the button was greyed out (My charge was about 50%). I switched to Unbridled and activated One Pedal. Totally more fun. A video game grown up. Propulsion sound set to auto. Radio off. There was some kind of electric boogie coming out of the speakers as we shot from corner to the next. Goose the accelerator to full throttle and ease off into regen over and over through the bends. In the right corners add the brakes. Like an ICE manual. a GAS! On this racetrack like road, Mr. Ed felt like he could flyā€¦, Definitely the most fun I've has on this stretch. Damn!​
Sponsored

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Quick Review 800 miles Iced Blue GTPE

I've had my Mach E for a little over two weeks. Reddit was good to me. I thought it was time to share. For background, my last car was a 2017 Chevy SS sedan. Basically a four door Camaro from Australia with a 420 HP, 6.2 liter LS3 and an automatic. Roomy, fun car. Magma-ride. Before that I had a 480HP, 2019 Mustang Bullitt with a 6 speed manual. Magna-ride. I had an Alfa Romeo Stelvio. Totally fun, but too cramped. I daily drive a 2020 Ram Rebel with a Hemi.

The Mach E? Does it make me look back when I leave it in a parking lot? Yes. Do I like opening the door to the garage and seeing the rear 3/4 fastback. Yes. Reminds me of a 65. Did I name it? Yes already. But.

From other angles the wheelbase looks too long. Under-tired? A staggered setup would look better. Still.

The shape is striking. The lighting is handsome and distinctive. The wheels are beautiful. I removed the door badging. The rest of the car is exceptionally clean. Lighted Pony badge on the grill and GT badge on the rump. Very cool! The details are handsome. A sporty compromise of sedan and SUV. Well done Ford.

I ordered Iced Blue. Then I got concerned. I donā€™t think the color looks itā€™s best in photos. In person, much better. Itā€™s blue, not silver. It has a nice flash in the sun, but doesnā€™t draw attention parked at Hā€‘Eā€‘B and Home Depot. Good choice. should be rare.

Itā€™s well built. Much better than either of my last two. Probably the finest driving car I've owned. However.

Roll down the windows and the cargo cover flaps in the wind Not inspiring. For the price, a few things are missing. More adjustments on those not cooled seats. Memory seat for the passenger. Rear seat ambient lighting and climateā€¦ā€¦.. And a few things don't feel like they belong (glovebox) in a $70,000 car. And.

It's impressively quiet and solid. The seats and interior materials feel great and are attractive. I'm 6'4", 250#. The room and comfort are enviable. The seats are very grippy without being confining. I think they'll get even better with a little break-in. More adjustments would be normal at this price point. Ford see Genesis after school.

The software definitely needs to improve. I'm looking forward to the screen update to use the dial for temperature and heated seats. I miss buttons forā€¦.1 touch, canā€™t miss, works every time controls. Just saying. On the other hand, I'm amazed at how much customization is available. Cool feature. Blue Cruise using traffic sign recognition and a user determined fudge factor helps me speed safely.?!. I dig it. Getting information back from the car? Not so much, The trip computer needs much more information. Ford we're interested. Tell us stuff. How much electricity is used on a trip?!

How does it drive? Phenomenal! I'm addicted to one pedal driving in any mode (the low button on the shifter only works when one pedal is not activated). I think all of the driving modes have their place and time. It's stupidly fast for short bursts and has convinced me of my age as the acceleration jiggles my cheeks like on a roller coaster. It's the stickiest car I've ever driven. Most of the fast cars in my past were tail happy rear wheel drive. That's tons of fun, but I believe this car is faster on a twisty road. Its ability to put down power without wheelspin or outside noise is addicting and feels anonymous and sneaky!

Today, I treated Mr. Ed (a horse of course) to a romp down Texas State HWY 51 between Granbury and Glen Rose. What a riot. On the way down, I was able to engage Unbridled Extend. This disables one pedal driving and seems to even out the throttle. I noticed the reduction in power. The violent acceleration of this car doesn't last, but it's powerful and covers ground fast. Since one pedal was off, I got my first chance to really use the brake pedal. These brakes are powerful, but-not the smoothest. Still on a twisty road.

Sling-shotting from corner to corner, the grip and power are amazing. Itā€™s heavy, but what a blast and very secure feeling at elevated speeds! On the way back, I tried to re-engage Unbridled Extended, but the button was greyed out (My charge was about 50%). I switched to Unbridled and activated One Pedal. Totally more fun. A video game grown up. Propulsion sound set to auto. Radio off. There was some kind of electric boogie coming out of the speakers as we shot from corner to the next. Goose the accelerator to full throttle and ease off into regen over and over through the bends. In the right corners add the brakes. Like an ICE manual. a GAS! On this racetrack like road, Mr. Ed felt like he could flyā€¦, Definitely the most fun I've has on this stretch. Damn!​
Good review. Enjoy it 5 seconds at a time and youā€™ll keep loving it. And because of myself and @Mach1E, most folks around here know what an SS sedan is šŸ˜Ž.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Really glad you like your car @WildlifeGTX. Itā€™s been too cold here I think for Unbridled Extend. Iā€™m charging my GTPE up right now, plan on trying some twisties today.

OP
OP
WildlifeGTX

WildlifeGTX

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Really glad you like your car @WildlifeGTX. Itā€™s been too cold here I think for Unbridled Extend. Iā€™m charging my GTPE up right now, plan on trying some twisties today.
2500 miles on now. St

OP
OP
WildlifeGTX

WildlifeGTX

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
2500 miles on now. St
2500 miles on it now. Still in love. No issues other than an occasional car play glitch and/or pak only working 25% of the time. Thank goodness for the door keypad and start code. I never carry a fob.

Iā€™m digging the software updates and the improved Sync.

My Daily driver Ram has been replaced. The frunk makes a great tool box. I hope youā€™re enjoying yours as much!
Sponsored