Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
For those following this, I finally got my cheap amazon light meter. It measures in LUX. After parking both MME side by side
1. Hers with premium headlights naked
2. Mine with premium headlights tinted in VVIVID light smoke

Both were parked in the dark garage 5’ from the white interior closed garage door.
0B781A88-1AAF-4670-A485-8475AA8D0073.jpeg
Hers on left measured 13650 LUX at the brightest spot. ?

Mine on the right measured a measly 4580 LUX at the brightest. ?

I swear it looked fine when I drove, so for confirmation I also checked my F150. 4120 LUX. So I think it’s understandable that I thought the tinted lights were plenty bright. But this does have me seriously considering pulling the tint back off. 66% reduction in light is A LOT of reduction
Scientific method triumphs again.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Update: All summer my work commute has been in Daylight, so I had left the tint on the headlights. Only in the last week or so is it now dark when I go to and from work. Got me thinking about this again. I still wanted to give it a definitive eye test.

So last night the wife and I were able to take the cars out on a pretty abandon back road with trees along both sides. Parked the cars side by side and alternated who had their headlights on. Her’s were definitely brighter looking down the road. Then I turned my lights on while her’s were off. Leaving mine on, she turned her headlights on and you could see probably 50 yards further down the road. Her lights were that much brighter than mine.

So this morning I peeled the tint back off the headlights. Until next April there will be lots of driving in the dark so I have abandon the darkened lenses. As I peeled it off, I took a photo with one light tinted and one not just to really drive home The difference. No more headlight tint for me.
Ford Mustang Mach-E A little headlight tinting on Mach-E 7912FFF1-15F6-42FF-B857-4ABA172B903A