Need window tinting advice, please!

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I live in similarly hot South Carolina and was pleasantly surprised at the effectiveness of the factory roof tint. There are multiple interior shades available but I never felt the need for one (I too park outside 24/7). I did tint the side windows (35%). The thing that made a BIG difference, to me, was tinting the windshield with 20% IR rejecting ceramic tint (Llumar). It's a big windshield!!
How does the 20% on the front windshield impact driving at night visibility wise?
Sponsored

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Yes you can tint front windows in CA. 70%. I did 3m ceramic and notice a difference in heat coming in the car when I drive up and down the coast. Keep the receipt showing tint level in your car. About 150. I found a great tint guy on Yelp. Glad I did it.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Yes you can tint front windows in CA. 70%. I did 3m ceramic and notice a difference in heat coming in the car when I drive up and down the coast. Keep the receipt showing tint level in your car. About 150. I found a great tint guy on Yelp. Glad I did it.
FYI: My GTPE came with 70% transmissive from the factory in the front and it is even darker in the back seat and rear window.

So far, the heat has not been bad at all...even in some 85° temps and full sun.

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
You can have Xpel 100% visibility layer on your front windshield that reduces heat by 85%.

Why would anyone tint a front windshield when you can have a perfectly clear view with better heat / UV reduction?

Bryan_GTPE

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 302A in Silver - Current
Country flag
I have 28% Llumar IRXon the front, it’s only slightly lighter than the factory rear tint. Since I live in Florida and the sun is intense here, I had Llumar Air clear installed on all the rear windows and hatch. I’ve noticed that even when it’s 90, the tint rejects a ton of heat and the car cools down very quickly.

Below is a pic, kinda far away, but it gives you a good idea of how it looks.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Need window tinting advice, please! 4C2AF8E4-CEF5-4C06-8B38-86644699A95B

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
I live in Colorado. We have more days of full sunshine than any other state (AZ gets a few more certain years). Generally 300 days without a single cloud, and we are at 5280' I swear its like walking on the sun on certain days.. We also have insane brightness from all the fluffy white snow.

I don't want to sun shame you.....but i'm going to have to big time you on this one.

Its crazy they let you tint the front windows there, and its not allowed here at all. I think they allow snow states to tint a litter darker side tints than other places though.

I love your car BTW it was one of my top 2 colors.
Sponsored