Window tinting percentage % for warm climate?

caca_on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Any thoughts on value in warm climates for tinting?
Just did mine today.

15% front and 30% back so they could match.

Also air 80 on windshield. Looks sick!

$479 here in Orlando, a little pricey because I went with the llumar ctx ceramic film

All my other cars has the same tint % and it's perfect for the Florida weather, and yes, cops don't like it, but never got a tkt either.

Cheers!

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Ok, so this thread makes me really appreciate my metal roof. I do need to get my window tint done. Probably next week, usually one step on the far side of legal for our cars.

CopperRobot

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
I am in Phoenix. Thinking of 33% for front door glass. I think the rear doors and hatch might be okay as is.....will check.
I also usually add a strip across the top of the windshield in limo tint. Makes a HUGE difference here in AZ.

That being said.....the Premiums are supposed to have some special UV barrier in the front door glass and windshield. I might wait until summer comes to see if that is enough. I doubt it will be though.....the sun out here is brutal. :(
If you took delivery without any dealer tint installed, what did it come with from the factory? Other than the roof, which windows had factory tint?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
If you took delivery without any dealer tint installed, what did it come with from the factory? Other than the roof, which windows had factory tint?
Rear windows are darker than front; front and windshield have some sort of tint and acoustic glass in Premium and FE trims I dont know of tint level but rear windows are darker. We cant use the term tint here as the darkening we see may be from IR coating etc for front and windshield.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
There is clear film too (70% I believe close to the front windows) that prevents heat but does not darken

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Check your state laws on tinting as well. Out here front side windows have to allow 35% light through. And they’re checked annually during the safety inspection.

Your local window tinting firms will have that info on their websites.

photocyclist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Any one have photos of factory front windows vs tinted? Before/After maybe?

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Before
Ford Mustang Mach-E Window tinting percentage % for warm climate? IMG_20210218_160718

After
Ford Mustang Mach-E Window tinting percentage % for warm climate? IMG_20210305_132102~3

OldBlueMME

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Ext, 2023 Yamaha MTO9
Country flag
Check your state laws on tinting as well. Out here front side windows have to allow 35% light through. And they’re checked annually during the safety inspection.

Your local window tinting firms will have that info on their websites.
In North Carolina it's the same and you can be pulled over and given a ticket. I always go legal on the front side windows, it's not worth the hassle or the ticket. It has always made a difference. I'm getting Old Blue tinted next week using XPEL Prime XR Ceramic. Hopefully it will turn out good.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Reviving this thread to post my own -- this was 20% on the fronts only. The rest of the windows are factory.
Tint guy said 20% would match the rears, which seems to be the case because the front windshield lets a lot of light in which causes them to appear brighter.

And they removed the door panels during the install to get full window coverage.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Window tinting percentage % for warm climate? PXL_20210614_200403875
Ford Mustang Mach-E Window tinting percentage % for warm climate? PXL_20210614_232056748

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
Just did mine today.

15% front and 30% back so they could match.

Also air 80 on windshield. Looks sick!

$479 here in Orlando, a little pricey because I went with the llumar ctx ceramic film

All my other cars has the same tint % and it's perfect for the Florida weather, and yes, cops don't like it, but never got a tkt either.

Cheers!
Do you have a recent picture of your tint?

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
What percentages did you go with?
I will have to look at my paperwork. Been a few months. Think they added 15% on the rear and matched the front. I did not get the rear window tinted, just sides.
Sponsored