Window tinting percentage % for warm climate?

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
Reviving this thread to post my own -- this was 20% on the fronts only. The rest of the windows are factory.
Tint guy said 20% would match the rears, which seems to be the case because the front windshield lets a lot of light in which causes them to appear brighter.

And they removed the door panels during the install to get full window coverage.

PXL_20210614_200403875.jpg
PXL_20210614_232056748.jpg
What brand and type of tint did you get?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
35%. I'm in CA... Gotta balance getting the tint and trying not to get a ticket...lol.
35% in Hawaii as well. It’s close to the rear side windows but not exact. It does look good though.

Heymoose

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e premium std battery
Country flag
So I’m looking to get the front windows tinted to match the back, tho would prefer a shade lighter like I’ve done with other vehicles. Too dark and hard to see thru at night. My tinter offers Carbon or Ceramic - carbon is about half the price.
Any advice on % or type of tint?

thanks.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
So I’m looking to get the front windows tinted to match the back, tho would prefer a shade lighter like I’ve done with other vehicles. Too dark and hard to see thru at night. My tinter offers Carbon or Ceramic - carbon is about half the price.
Any advice on % or type of tint?

thanks.
If it's for help with heat, the quality of the tint and numbers like total solar rejection are more important than just the darkness. If it's for looks, then all that matters is the darkness.
Sponsored