Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
That’s not how the actual images look if you were just looking at the recording made by one of the cameras. I’m not sure why everyone keeps suggesting it, that’s not an accurate view of what the actual cameras see. I am not saying the camera angles aren’t bad for sentry mode, I’m just saying this “test” is pointless to determine that.
I understand that the image that is presented is “processed”, but this test will give a reasonable approximation of the field of view of the cameras. I don’t think Ford is cropping anything out of the imagery during processing - it’s just being distorted in different ways.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I wish people would stop trying to compare the Mach-E to a Tesla.......If you want the features that Tesla offers then buy the god damn Tesla.
Seems like there are three trains of thought fueling these discussions.

1. Some people notice that the Model Y has 8 cameras and a way to record video and download those recordings. The Mach-E has 5-6 cameras. So can it do the same? It's a reasonable question and we get some reasonable discussion each time it comes up. (Dozens of times now on this forum.) I think this is where the OP comes in. Totally reasonable -- other than not searching for existing topics.

2. Some folks want the best pieces of all vehicles all mixed together into a single vehicle and they don't want to hear or think about the financial or time-to-market costs required to grant them the nirvana they desire.

3. Some of the commenters are tweens or trolls or both. We don't have a lot of T-Stans on this forum. We had quite a few trolls here a few years ago but now it's really died down, thankfully. There is at least one remaining, who tries to remain subtle (until you look through his post and reactions history) and he or she is in fact participating in this very thread.

OP
OP
hbalto

hbalto

First Name
Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SAAB 9-3, eGolf-2017 and Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Information Security Analyst
Country flag
Hello everyone,

Many thanks for all the answers!
Some good and some not so good, anyway my bad!
I apologize for not taking the extra time to search the forum for similar posts.
I shall install my own dashcam now!

Wish you all a very happy new year!

Thanks again! / Tusen takk!

Brgds,
Halvard

Opa

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Happily retired 😊
Country flag
OK guys, until "Then" how about helping the OP out instead of deriding them? Forums don't have to be so nasty do they?

So, OP, the answer is (obviously no LOL) but here is the solution I came up with:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BVRGFKQH?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$200 & $50 to install (no way I am going to DIY a EV....I have NO clue LOL)

Be Happy, Be Well! :)

Bob

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'd be happy to just be able to see all cameras on demand when I want, i.e. sitting at a light to be able to see the back camera without switching to reverse, which 'would' scare people normally, but due to the Mustang placement of the backup light, people don't see it when they are behind you anyway 🤣
Sponsored