Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I have a related question. Does anybody know if there is a specific type of connector that is supposed to attach to that remote positive terminal on the fuse box? You know...the terminal that the positive jumper cable is supposed to attach to?

I'm looking for a connector that I can permanently attach to run to cable for remote battery terminals that will let me put a charger/powersupply on the 12V battery while doing updates using FDRS,...without having to take all the covers off the left front side to access that area.

The shape of that positive terminal on the fuse box gives me the impression that a specific cable connector could have been made to fit it. But I can't find anything that looks like it would work.

Mike
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I have a related question. Does anybody know if there is a specific type of connector that is supposed to attach to that remote positive terminal on the fuse box? You know...the terminal that the positive jumper cable is supposed to attach to?

I'm looking for a connector that I can permanently attach to run to cable for remote battery terminals that will let me put a charger/powersupply on the 12V battery while doing updates using FDRS,...without having to take all the covers off the left front side to access that area.

The shape of that positive terminal on the fuse box gives me the impression that a specific cable connector could have been made to fit it. But I can't find anything that looks like it would work.

Mike
It’s not a standard connector. It was made specifically for jumper cables/battery chargers. You should either just drill some 2“ holes and cover them with hole plugs or put in something like this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Accessing the Positive Terminal for the 12V Battery 0F2B9A10-8C69-4F81-97E7-4BB644D9AFCA

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
It’s not a standard connector. It was made specifically for jumper cables/battery chargers. You should either just drill some 2“ holes and cover them with hole plugs or put in something like this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Accessing the Positive Terminal for the 12V Battery 0F2B9A10-8C69-4F81-97E7-4BB644D9AFCA
Well actually that's exactly what I had in mind...but on the "backside" of that connector how does it hook up to the positive remote jump terminal on the fuse box if that terminal isn't drilled for a screw-type terminal connection? Do you have to drill a hole into that terminal and connect a short length of battery cable or what?

Obviously it's been done before...did I not search in the right place on the forum to get that info?

Thanks for your insights...

Mike

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Well actually that's exactly what I had in mind...but on the "backside" of that connector how does it hook up to the positive remote jump terminal on the fuse box if that terminal isn't drilled for a screw-type terminal connection? Do you have to drill a hole into that terminal and connect a short length of battery cable or what?

Obviously it's been done before...did I not search in the right place on the forum to get that info?

Thanks for your insights...

Mike
The jump point I used is designed to jump start race cars. It has threads on the back side so that ring terminals can be fastened to it. The other ends of the cables terminate at the +12V battery post and one of the ground points on the driver’s side strut tower. 😊🐩

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/frunk-tub-removed-pics.12094/
Sponsored