heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
The last two days now I have gotten a message on the Ford Pass App saying the MME might have been accidentally unplugged from the charger. Both times this happened the charging had completed overnight on the Ford Mobile Charger plugged into a Nema 14-50 outlet (to 80%), the car was unplugged from the charger by pressing the release lever on the charger handle and then driven to a destination (a short distance away). The message comes up on the App both times right about the time the car arrives at the destination. Has anyone else seen this recently?
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I get the accidental unplug message everytime when i'm charging away from home and unplug. Usually DCFC, but there's been some L2 charging as well. Even if I stop the charge from the button in the charge port door, it still gives me that notification. I think it's just bad logic on when to send that status and when not to.

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
You’ll find that the message comes through almost exactly 15minutes after you unplug it. It’s another glitch in FordPass/ Ford servers. Despite you setting the maximum to 80% and achieving that it thinks it’s not received its full charge and you have unplugged it by mistake.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yes even if I tell it to stop charging etc. it always sends that message

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Yeah I’ve gotten that message the last few days when unplugging at home. I think it may be a glitch in the current FordPass.

I don’t know how it knows the difference between an intentional and accidental unplug anyway.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
This happened to me this week too, maybe for the first time that I can remember. I was charging at home, and left before it reached a full charge. I stopped charging from the app, and waited for the normal charging sounds to stop before unplugging. Sometime later, not sure how long but 15 minutes seems about right, I got the Accidental Unplug notification. On the birght side, my phantom unread notification disappeared when that happened, so yay!?!?

ShadowCVL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMC Sierra, MME Premium
Occupation
IT and Electronics
Country flag
I get this message if I unplug too fast. if the car is pulling power from the wall (charging, conditioning, started) then you need to press the release and wait for the click before yoinking the cord out. when you press the release it tells the car to stop pulling power, then the car tells the evse that its done and the contactor in the evse opens (loud click), thats when its safe. Otherwise you are unplugging 120/240v while something is drawing a load which can create sparks/arcs.

If your car is not drawing any power from the wall its a glitch on fords end. But, again, I only get this message if i just press the release and yoink the cord out.

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
I get this message if I unplug too fast. if the car is pulling power from the wall (charging, conditioning, started) then you need to press the release and wait for the click before yoinking the cord out. when you press the release it tells the car to stop pulling power, then the car tells the evse that its done and the contactor in the evse opens (loud click), thats when its safe. Otherwise you are unplugging 120/240v while something is drawing a load which can create sparks/arcs.

If your car is not drawing any power from the wall its a glitch on fords end. But, again, I only get this message if i just press the release and yoink the cord out.
and by release you mean the thumb button on the charger, correct? sorry if I should know that.

OP
OP
heisnuts

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
and by release you mean the thumb button on the charger, correct? sorry if I should know that.
You are correct. The charge had finished and I pressed the release button on the charge handle itself, waited a second or so then pulled out the charge handle from the car socket.

mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
You are correct. The charge had finished and I pressed the release button on the charge handle itself, waited a second or so then pulled out the charge handle from the car socket.
Is pressing the button on the handle the same as pressing the unlock button in the middle of the circle of charge level LEDs?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Is pressing the button on the handle the same as pressing the unlock button in the middle of the circle of charge level LEDs?
No. At a high speed charger, you want to press the unlock button in the middle of the circle, or inside on the display.

The handle is simply a mechanical catch.
Sponsored