Mort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback, 2017 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Residential rental property management
Country flag
I got a message from Ford that the "Active Park Assist Prep Kit" had been removed from my CA 1 RWD. Not something I had selected to start with, but I guess it was just part of the build.

Does that mean that I should be looking for a production date in the near future? (Fingers & toes crossed)

Original order date was 11/21/21
Sponsored

Knuckles39

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Yeah I wouldn’t count on it. I placed an order on 11/5/21. Weeks ago I had the dealer add in the active park assist prep kit. I still don’t have a production date. Premium Awd extended range

Bubz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Shelby GT500
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
Got the same details - my dealer wrote me that if I agreed to accept the prep kit Ford would give me a $325 credit on my order price and the order could be placed now, otherwise it would take forever for my build. He explained the microchip shortage is the main reason. He was unsure when the park assist feature would be available or how much it would cost to get the parts and install it. Hopefully Ford will make good on it and offer to have it installed for $325, but I'm not holding my breath. I agreed to accept the change because I don't have problems parking so its a useless feature for me anyways.

Bubz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Shelby GT500
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
I ordered my MME CR1 in Feb 2022 (just under the wire) and after a few months of inactivity my dealer emailed me that if I agreed to drop the park assist and get the same credit as stated above my order would move forward. I agreed since I have no problem parking at any angle and sure enough my car went into production. I picked it up from the dealer a week ago and during the paperwork I signed off on the park assist adjustment and my dealer also stated that when the park assist equipment becomes available Ford has stated they will install it free of charge! Still remains to be seen but he's been true to his word so far (yes, and honest salesman) so I'm a happy camper.

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I had park assist on my 2021 Premium. I never used it except a few times to show friends how it would park itself. I do not have it on my 2022 GT but when you hit the button it shows you the camera and nearby parking and charging options.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
my dealer also stated that when the park assist equipment becomes available Ford has stated they will install it free of charge! Still remains to be seen but he's been true to his word so far (yes, and honest salesman) so I'm a happy camper.
I hope you got that in writing.
Sponsored