Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
Since my dumb self didn't bother to make sure I had the 360 Camera option on the GT ordered which is more important than the Park assist. I am planning to get an after-market 360 camera system installed by a certified and reputable Car stereo shop.

More to come once it's done.
Sponsored

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
Park Assist is only officially removed from builds starting 5/2 and later. Builds now till then should have it, but if they run out of chips the prep kit may get swapped int.
"Officially" I am build week 3/28 and some of us already got their window stickers updated to reflect the prep kit, they didn't know, happened on assembly line.

OP
OP
Gunrunner

Gunrunner

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT and 2022 Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Education
Country flag
Wrong... It is to make it a 'Buildable Order' is what I was told. They need you to sign it.
I just met with my dealer yesterday on my 2022 MME Premium AWD ER order from 1/8/22 and he said that the change needed to be made to make it a "buildable order" and so it can get accepted and scheduled for build. Also....they had me change from all season to summer tires. Praying that it gets accepted and I get a VIN now.

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
WTF regarding the summer tires! That’s a new one to me. I hope I don’t get dinged with this living in Iowa.

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
I just met with my dealer yesterday on my 2022 MME Premium AWD ER order from 1/8/22 and he said that the change needed to be made to make it a "buildable order" and so it can get accepted and scheduled for build. Also....they had me change from all season to summer tires. Praying that it gets accepted and I get a VIN now.
Be patient and you will love your MME just many here on the forum. From my experience who has just gotten a GTPE delivered on 3/31/22
Ordered accepted 10/28/21.

I was very blessed to receive my MME in 22 weeks.....Your's will also come sooner so accept the changes as Ford is continuing to improve moving forward.....Just sucks for the price increases and changes here/there

Best of luck

OP
OP
Gunrunner

Gunrunner

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT and 2022 Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Education
Country flag
Be patient and you will love your MME just many here on the forum. From my experience who has just gotten a GTPE delivered on 3/31/22
Ordered accepted 10/28/21.

I was very blessed to receive my MME in 22 weeks.....Your's will also come sooner so accept the changes as Ford is continuing to improve moving forward.....Just sucks for the price increases and changes here/there

Best of luck
Thank you for that! It's nice to hear an optimistic story and I am sure I will love it when it arrives. I do think Ford is pivoting well and trying to make low impact adjustments to up production.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
And how much to convert the Prep Kit to a functioning Park Assist? My guess it’s not $325.

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
Have had car since February, 2021 and have over 18,000 miles. I have NEVER used park assist.

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
Have had car since February, 2021 and have over 18,000 miles. I have NEVER used park assist.
Well the park assist, cameras, and blindside assistance are great features added to all new vehicles now for safety and will be mandatory by the US government soon enough.

Use it or not is a personal thing but I like all the safety features of newer cars....

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Wrong... It is to make it a 'Buildable Order' is what I was told. They need you to sign it.
So there may be some inconsistency between dealerships as I gave a verbal OK to the Prep Kit and I have a build date.

Earlofsandwich

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Does anyone know when park assist might be come available for cars who have the prep kit?