krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Thanks for all the thoughtful replies. I just tried it again at the dealer. Would like that adjustment, he said there have been several comments from drivers who try the seat, especially taller ones. I will look to see a way I might be able to mod it. Not a dealbreaker.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Read critically. He never said you could independently raise the forward part of the seat. He said the Mach-e seat adjustment works just fine. And further suggested people give it a whirl before condemning the seat comfort.

Plus, @ChasingCoral, already took delivery on his MME. He might know what heā€™s talking about.

If, however, the lack of 10 way seats is of critical importance, than some people may need to rethink.
Actually, although I haven't taken delivery of my car yet, I have been in multiple show cars, and know exactly what I'm speaking about when it comes to the seat adjustments. This was the first thing I noticed about the seats. They're 8-way power seats, not 12-way power seats :(
I've never said that was "of critical importance". I have said it's a disappointment in a vehicle that is being positioned as a premium vehicle, and definitely something that I hope Ford corrects in an upcoming model year. Here's an example - the Lincoln MKZ came out as a model year 2013 vehicle with "Active Motion Seats" as "Late Availability". I really wanted one (with the really neat panoramic roof), but I definitely wanted the "Active Motion Seats" and I wasn't about to order until the seats were available to order. My dealer and I kept waiting and waiting. Finally, it turned out that Active Motion seats weren't going to be available until MY14, so I held off and got a 2014 with the Active Motion Seats.
While I'm disappointed that Ford went cheap on the seats, they're not a deal-breaker for the car - I'm still getting it and looking forward to it. I'm hoping that Ford is listening to feedback from customers and recognizing that there's a demand for both 12-way seats and ventilated seats in this vehicle, and that they plan to offer them in future model years.

OP
OP
krafty81

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I checked with a reputable mod place. He said on newer cars you really can't do much because of safety features.

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes. this was an issue for me, also. I'm tall enough to need the support for my legs at the front edge of the seat, and short enough that I just get what I need when the seat is in the all-the-way-down position. This single issue was the determining factor for me to proceed to make a deal on my MME.

If there becomes some sort of mechanical solution that can be done DIY (or by someone who knows what they're doing) to achieve more from edge tilt-up, please post it here!

smp

Oneoone

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e premium
Occupation
Pc tech
Country flag
Your hips should sit higher than your knees when driving. I have tremendous leg issues because of the lack of ability for these seats to tilt forward (and a bulging disk ). Are there any seat replacement options. I'd be willing to pay whatever.

2021mustangdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select RWD, grabber blue
Country flag
Sorry you are wrong. I have tried multiple. You cannot raise the forward part of the seat as most cars do.
What is the purpose to raise the forward part of the seat ? Don't get why this be considered needed ?

Oneoone

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e premium
Occupation
Pc tech
Country flag
Most upscale cars have it. For me it relives some pressure on my lower back.
What is the purpose to raise the forward part of the seat ? Don't get why this be considered needed ?
Tilt forward raises the hips above the knee and in my case stops leg pain and foot numbness. I'm at my wits end and ready to trade in. Any back doctor will tell you the hips have to be above the knees. I'm 5"7, 160lbs and have trouble. The Mazda CX-5 I had no leg issues and now spending thousands on back shots that only help a little. I am shocked this isn't mandatory on more vehicles. I realize this isn't an issue for everyone, but it is extremely anoying for us it is and have to drive far and are stuck in traffic daily.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My ā€˜69 Cadillac had both height and pitch control for the seat pan. That said, I do not miss it in my MME. I do wish that the seat pan would height adjust downward more, but itā€™s not absolutely critical. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©

Edw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Without having personally seen a MME yet, how about just adding some spacers under the front seat mounts. Donā€™t know how practical that would be, but might be worth investigating.
Interesting. Sounds practical. Have you tried?

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
So we have some really talented people that I've heard from since Joining in early 2021. Many vehicles seem to have this same problem and some entrepreneurs have fixes for Toyota Tacomas, to F150s. We need this for our Mach E.

MightyJawa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt
Country flag
Interesting. Sounds practical. Have you tried?
No I havenā€™t. Once I got my Mach E, I found the seat to be reasonably comfortable as is.
Sponsored

Reactions: Edw