Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I’d probably buy it and trade in for the ‘22 when it comes in. It’ll cost the same as the ‘22 and you’ll be able to get both tax credits. You probably won’t be out too much money. Just depends on how soon you want the car.
Vroom will pay you equal to or $1000 under original sticker price. So you will be $5500 ahead if the $7500 instant rebate is real. Flip it, and put that $5500 net towards your new one and get the $7500 tax benefit. You will be $13K ahead!
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Vroom will pay you equal to or $1000 under original sticker price. So you will be $5500 ahead if the $7500 instant rebate is real. Flip it, and put that $5500 net towards your new one and get the $7500 tax benefit. You will be $13K ahead!
Sales tax, dealer fee and no guarantee Vroom will pay that much.

The math doesn’t quite work out.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
In May I decided to purchase and was facing 1) the long wait or 2) the frantic search. I found Mustang Sally at a dealer in another state. She had about 900 miles on her (yea -a demo put in service in March - but they call it a CTV - courtesy transport vehicle). MSRP - no X plan accepted). Put down a 1K deposit on June 1 and picked her up July 15 after she had "served her time." I asked if they could extend the warranty for the mileage/time period in service.
The dealer requested the extension from the regional rep, who turned it down. I bumped the request up to Ford's (search the forum for email addys) executive team. My language was always polite and positive. I received a follow-up call from a Detroit number asking for more details and 4 days later, a call from the same person stating Ford had extended my warranty by 6 months/6K miles. A few others on the forum have had similar success.

Oh - was it worth getting the car now rather than later? Hell yea - love it!!

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Sales tax, dealer fee and no guarantee Vroom will pay that much.

The math doesn’t quite work out.
Yes it all depends on the state and tax of course New Hampshire, for example has no sales tax, Maine is 5.5%, CA is nearly 10%. Correct, no guarantees. You do have to await a title.....CA turns them around in 10 days. Maine is 10 weeks.....LOL.

I got $1K less than MSRP for my Select with 11k miles from Vroom and had no sales tax due to a high value trade so almost the exact same deal. Plus got to keep the Options rebate. I consider it good luck and right place, right time. Values are nuts right now.
Sponsored

Last edited: