Advice on Dealer Offer

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
If you like it, buy it! No one here makes your payment. Now as far as price, the used car market is insane, so I don't look at it as horrible. Drive it and enjoy...I love mine!?
Sponsored

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You could buy it, and continue on your wait for your newer order as well. Then decide later if the car is what you want. My husband and I discussed doing this, figuring we would really get to know the MME by the time our order came in. Especially if itā€™s not the color you wanted. With that $7500 rebate promised, you wouldnā€™t lose any money and you could enjoy the car while waiting! Get that rebate in writing, especially getting it subtracted from the costs at purchase. Good luck!

Jd43325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Nitro
Country flag
If you do get It, ask for money off of it for the miles. Mine had 420miles on it and got $420 off the price for the miles. (I'm surprised I got that bc they said they usually don't take off for miles unless there are at least 2,500-5,000). You are above those miles so you should be able to get some money off

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
Those sounds like famous last words ........

Jokes apart I get the outrage over paying $1k over MSRP for a used car. However the traditional pricing models have changed dramatically and it's very rare that you can score any car even minutely in demand at MSRP anymore. Most people are paying above MSRP or ADM fees.

The critical thing is whether this is a model close to what you desire and had ordered. I'll leave with a screenshot of what a similar used model we are discussing is retailing for here in CA.

4A5AE238-3A3B-47AC-B9C0-C39D307058FA.png
Oh, Rohan, donā€™t share this type of info, it makes me think about taking a long road trip to CA, sell mine and take a southwest flight back ?

evlar77

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So did you get it?

Most of these mach e's even used ones are selling above MSRP by $10k! The dealers are up charging due to low inventory And high demand fued by higher gas prices and rising popularity of EVs.

I just bought a new Mach E from a dealer and paid $8k above MSRP and feel like I got a good deal in the current market. Everything here in FL is about $10k above MSRP. Which is still cheaper than most EVs with similar features.

Anyhow, let us know how it goes!

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
If it's the car you want, I'd get it but perhaps also consider getting an extended warranty (see those threads).

With the 7500 off, you are also paying that much less sales tax.

Also, if you have a vehicle to trade, its probably worth more today than it will be in the Spring, or whenever your car comes in. If you want top dollar for that trade though you need to sell it privately, not trade it in.

Either way - act quick or by the time you decide someone else will have bought it - I doubt they offered to hold it for you while you decide.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I could have bought one that only had 2200 miles on it but wasnā€™t willing to pay MSRP for a used car even though me and my Wife put most of the miles on it!

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Those sounds like famous last words ........

Jokes apart I get the outrage over paying $1k over MSRP for a used car. However the traditional pricing models have changed dramatically and it's very rare that you can score any car even minutely in demand at MSRP anymore. Most people are paying above MSRP or ADM fees.

The critical thing is whether this is a model close to what you desire and had ordered. I'll leave with a screenshot of what a similar used model we are discussing is retailing for here in CA.
Iā€™m not sure I would go with very rare to get MSRP. While youā€™re not going to get the 10% off MSRP that was common a couple years to you still shouldnā€™t be paying ridiculous markups. The polls that get posted here occasionally show that the majority of people get xplan or MSRP on their Mach e. I guess it is possible the people who paid a nice markup donā€™t want to admit to itā€¦

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I guess this really depends on the type of person you are.

I just don't get what's the rush unless someone has no car at all due to some wreck and have to get to work, etc.

Of course, I watch shows after the whole season is out. I don't buy video games unless it's super cheap and it's been patched even though I may have kickstarted it and can join some beta.

For the Mach-E you described, that's a hard no for me. Used at the same price as what you can get just waiting? No way...$1k more too for surface protection? Is Carbonized Grey even the color you want?

I suppose I have too little $$ and like $$ too much to dump $1k more when I can use that $1k for so many other things and get the same car for less without the 5500+ miles.

This is probably less a rational question vs. an emotional one.

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Iā€™m not sure I would go with very rare to get MSRP. While youā€™re not going to get the 10% off MSRP that was common a couple years to you still shouldnā€™t be paying ridiculous markups. The polls that get posted here occasionally show that the majority of people get xplan or MSRP on their Mach e. I guess it is possible the people who paid a nice markup donā€™t want to admit to itā€¦
Consumer reports just quoted that on an average in 2021 people paid 20% over MSRP for cars like Hyundai accents and Kia Telluride. The question here isn't whether you can get one at MSRP on custom order, it's whether you can get one today and now. Personally I wouldn't do it myself, but also I wouldn't discourage someone really wanting to get into a Mach E now and being able to score it at way below KBB pricing at a dealership now.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
When I did my 2nd test drive, the dealer basically said, "see you whenever you get back". I assume driving it into a ditch was not on the agenda but the standard of care was much less than the typical 2 mile "whaddaya think" test drive most vehicles get.

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
No way Iā€™d buy it unless I had to. Donā€™t forget that the early 2021s had some issue that the later ones didnā€™tā€¦I had an early 2021 and a late 2021, the latter functioning much better software-wise and not having any of the recall issues. For 50k or more, a couple of months for a truly brand new car was totally worth it for me.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I don't think you can get a carbonized grey new any more. It's a cool color, so I guess it depends on if you like that color and how much it's worth to you.

The $1000 for paint protection is BS imo, unless they throw in free chip repairs for a couple years.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I don't think you can get a carbonized grey new any more. It's a cool color, so I guess it depends on if you like that color and how much it's worth to you.

The $1000 for paint protection is BS imo, unless they throw in free chip repairs for a couple years.
This is probably the best point.

Want carbonized gray? Buy it.

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Iā€™d probably buy it and trade in for the ā€˜22 when it comes in. Itā€™ll cost the same as the ā€˜22 and youā€™ll be able to get both tax credits. You probably wonā€™t be out too much money. Just depends on how soon you want the car.
Sponsored