bennett2712

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Looking to see if anyone has experience with Nokian WRG5 all weather tires on their Mach-E. I’m looking to upgrade to an all weather tire on my GT, potentially with larger sidewall to slightly improve clearance for snow and ice in the PNW winters. I run Nokian winter tires on my truck and love them. Thx in advance.
Sponsored

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
While I don't have experience in having these on my Mach E, I have used them in previous cars. (WGR3 and WGR4) They are honestly the best tires I have ever owned. If I had my way, I would swap them out and give back the tires that come from the factory if that was an option. I am actually looking at getting a set of these for this upcoming winter as I feel the factory tires are not going to cut it. We have similar weather up in Vancouver.

redgrandam

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Select
Country flag
We just put their WRG4 on our Chevy bolt. So far they are nice. I feel more confident in the wet weather but won’t be able to test with snow and ice till next winter now. They are noisier than stock Michelins, but not as noisy as winter tires were. Doesn’t bother me, but you can definitely hear them.

For my Mach E I was looking to get the WRG5 but the load rating isn’t high enough for the size of tire that goes on the select (18”) so it’s a no-go. I’ll likely be getting the tried and true Michelin Cross Climate 2.

Pmullin7

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
We have those on our Toyota Highlander, but I run Michelin cross climate two tires on my GT. They are both excellent tires, if I had to pick I'd say the michelins are slightly quieter and have a bit better grip in drier weather.

Both are excellent choices

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Looking to see if anyone has experience with Nokian WRG5 all weather tires on their Mach-E. I’m looking to upgrade to an all weather tire on my GT, potentially with larger sidewall to slightly improve clearance for snow and ice in the PNW winters. I run Nokian winter tires on my truck and love them. Thx in advance.
The Nokian WRG5 is very new I haven't run these but have run the Quatrac Pro. I have been very happy with the Quatrac Pro. Nokian builds tires for Arctic conditions and gives up much of the performance in the wet and dry for performance on unplowed snow. Where I live we get a lot of snow but here in the city, it's regularly plowed.

Here are the test results of a Nokian comparable to the WRG4 and some others.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=321

Here are the results that include Cross Climate and the tires I have the Quatrac Pro ( I actually have the new Quatrac Pro+)

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=306
Sponsored

Last edited: