Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Can't believe I have had the car a year already. But what's more unbelievable is how much it costs to renew!! The State of Washington just added a fee based on the cost of the vehicle. Yikes!!

DMV fees.jpg
I would gladly trade that registration fee for your zero state income tax! If you would like to do so, I will send you $965 (I round up) and you can pay my 2022 Wisconsin income tax. Deal?

sKarGooo

First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Cherokee, 2022 MME Premium 4xe (ordered)
Occupation
HR
Country flag
I paid about $450 in Michigan to renew my MME. Honestly, not a big deal when I realize that I'm foregoing about 800 gallons of gas a year, which is close to $300 in reduced fuel taxes where I live (fed + state). My EV surcharge in Michigan is less than half of the $450, so I'm still ahead.

For those of you paying closer to $1,000, I feel for you.
I was wondering how much the SOS was going to get me for... thanks for the snapshot.

MachEMomE

First Name
Teri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE Premium
Country flag
Can't believe I have had the car a year already. But what's more unbelievable is how much it costs to renew!! The State of Washington just added a fee based on the cost of the vehicle. Yikes!!

DMV fees.jpg
Our registration may not be as high as yours, but here in California, we may soon be slapped with a tax based on how many miles we drive!! Our State Legislators are hungry for money, and are driving people out of the state. This will be a good way to do it.

Jppumper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag

DMV fees.jpg
HOLY CRAP !!!!!

Jppumper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I won't be reregistering until October, so we will have to see what Florda will charge me. But HEY! my insurance was cheaper ?

Ned

First Name
Ned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
waiting for ford
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I won't be reregistering until October, so we will have to see what Florda will charge me. But HEY! my insurance was cheaper ?
Here in AZ they have a program for alternate fuel vehicles that saved me about $800 when getting the new license tags. Had it been an ICU of the same price it would have cost $800 more. This savings carries on in the future as well when renewing the tags.

Colt

First Name
Aundre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag

DMV fees.jpg
Oh h*ll no! Im so sorry you have to go through that. I live in California and now im wondering what mine is going to be!

Jppumper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If that is a way to pay for light rail, what does a gallon of gas cost? Must be very high gasoline tax added to the cost.

SeattleMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
If that is a way to pay for light rail, what does a gallon of gas cost? Must be very high gasoline tax added to the cost.
The RTA fee is for every vehicle, not just EV.

SeattleMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Mass transit (for WA state this means light rail/bus) is really the only meaningful way to address traffic and pollution concerns, not sure why a BEV forum is so worked up about it. Stuff costs money.

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
Mass transit (for WA state this means light rail/bus) is really the only meaningful way to address traffic and pollution concerns, not sure why a BEV forum is so worked up about it. Stuff costs money.
It's a very divisive issue here in WA state. The RTA tax goes directly to sound transit. Which is an extremely large Private Company that has a 20+ year history of cost overruns, behind schedule projects and less than expected quality construction. It has no oversight from the population that it it serves, having direct links to county executives who continually take kickbacks by overpromising and under delivering. WA state has a multi-decade, multi-generational history of botched transportation projects which are ultimately the responsibility of the taxpayer. It's not that we don't understand that things cost money; the problem is the money that we spend is not appropriately used and typically goes directly to the CEO's, executives and project managers at the expense of us. Not trying to get too political but having lived here my whole life, it's not hard to understand why $600 tax and billions of dollars to pay for brand new escalators at a light rail station that don't work the day they are turned on.
Sponsored