Android Auto Stopped Working after 3.5.3 & 3.5.3.3 Updates!

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
Just upgraded from Pixel 6 Pro to 7 Pro, using the latest monthly version of A13, Android Auto 81626474. Everything works on my MME as expected (unfortunately, the Assistant not responding all the time to its hotword is now expected...)
I would suggest clearing storage in AA settings, and if that fails, even doing the same on Ford Pass (which will kill the current paak), forgetting Bluetooth on both car and phone, and then re-pairing them. Just a thought.
Sponsored

Reactions: RLW

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I had similar issues with these MME updates with a Pixel 6 phone. The reboot Sync fixed it each time in my case. I did use the in-car Feedback option to report the problem to Ford a couple of times. I have since upgraded to a Pixel 7 Pro and Android Auto seems to be working okay, but I cannot get PaaK setup (posted elsewhere).

RobGibb

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD 2021 prem
Country flag
I had similar issues with these MME updates with a Pixel 6 phone. The reboot Sync fixed it each time in my case. I did use the in-car Feedback option to report the problem to Ford a couple of times. I have since upgraded to a Pixel 7 Pro and Android Auto seems to be working okay, but I cannot get PaaK setup (posted elsewhere).
Issue resolved with update today.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Got the latest OTA updates, since then AA (connected via wirelessly) would cut in and out then eventually disconnects permanently (wife's CarPlay works fine). Click on reconnect works fine thereafter. Have tried rebooting Sync but that doesn't seem to resolve the issue. Anyone else with this issue?

Phone = Galaxy A71 5G, Android 12 (patch level September 2022)
AA = 8.1.626484

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
Wireless AA is wonky, to say the least.
Something people MIGHT want to try is to manually install the latest non-beta AA version (currently 8.3) via downloading the apk on a trusted site. This obviously involves taking on some risk.

On a personal note, I finally got 3.5.3, over two weeks after 3.5.2 installed. Knock on wood, everything has worked fine -- having no massive black bar on AA is long overdue.

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
After the 3.5.4 OTA, AA stopped working for me as well in that it wouldn't launch on the MME. No joy rebooting the phone and/or Sync.
Had to forget BT on the phone, forget BT on the car, uninstall and reinstall AA on the phone, pair up the phone with the MME on BT like it was de novo. Then I could setup AA afresh and have it work.

Skip Towne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4x Premium
Country flag
I had tht same problem. After a few start/stop cycles and maybe a reboot or two Andoid Auto and my Profiles worked again.

I ohpe the passage of time works for you too!

OP
OP

RLW

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Country flag
After the 3.5.4 OTA, AA stopped working for me as well in that it wouldn't launch on the MME. No joy rebooting the phone and/or Sync.
Had to forget BT on the phone, forget BT on the car, uninstall and reinstall AA on the phone, pair up the phone with the MME on BT like it was de novo. Then I could setup AA afresh and have it work.
Thanks for your recommendation! I uninstalled and reinstalled AA. I also noticed there was an update to AA. So I don't know what did the trick, but at least now I have wireless AA back in working order.

mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
I'm a CarPlay person, but I think it is the same issue. Just letting you know on this thread that I received 3.5.4.2 today and it seems to have fixed my CarPlay issues. There is hope.
Sponsored