Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Ex Premium
Occupation
DevOps Engineer
Country flag
Hello All!

I just got my MME last week and I absolutely love it! (Definitely beats 60 mile range I was getting on my e-Golf :) )

One thing that is bothering me is ability to use AndroidAuto on one phone, while using another phone for making calls. I am one of those people, who has made a decision (for variety of reasons) to go back in time and use a dumb flip phone instead of a smart phone. In my e-Golf, I was using a hotspot to provide wifi to my car, connect an old Android phone to car's hotspot and use it for things such as YouTube Music and Waze. I would then connect my flip phone to make and receive phone calls.

With MME, it appears that as soon as I connect a phone as AndroidAuto, all other connected devices get disconnected and the only device that could be used for mapping and calling is a device connected to AndroidAuto.

I can get by without Waze, but I need my music. I tried using Alexa to play music, but it forgets what was playing when car is restarted.

Is there a way to get one of the following to work:
* Use AndroidAuto in conjunction with another (preferably 2) phones?
* Have Alexa remember what was playing prior to turning car off and then resuming upon starting a new drive?
* Have other music apps (YouTube Music, Spotify, etc).

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

JPT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5 and Caddie DTS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Hello, glad you like your MME! I have mine since April, 2023 and have had alot of great fun in it. My Android Auto for phone calls is 50/50 at best. Call that connect but no voice results in redial only to find out the person on the other side did answer. Another is chopped up connection resulting in a redial. There is others but seems to result in making calls. Others functions are ok.

OP
OP

dimaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Ex Premium
Occupation
DevOps Engineer
Country flag
But once you connect AA, can you use other devices? I saw a message on the tablet that other devices will not work when "projection" is used... is there a way around it?

Also, I saw something about an AI Box... Have you heard anything about it?
Sponsored