Any Experience with Roadside Assistance?

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Just curious, has anyone had much experience with Ford Roadside?

My Mach-E was dead this morning. Dead as can be, no response to anything, deep sleep in the app. Seems just like the earlier symptoms of dead 12V.

At any rate, I talked to dealer who requested I go roadside. That was 4 hours ago now and the car is still sitting at home. I'm thankful I have another vehicle to drive and am not on the side of the road. Is that the norm? Just a service they contract out and it's up to the sub how long it takes maybe?
Sponsored

OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Just talked to Roadside who told me the first provider just marked it as complete without taking the vehicle. After arguing with them that they would charge me for a "second" event, they are now reassigning it to a new provider. I didn't realize that we only got one roadside event per year. You would think that the car being towed in for warranty work would always be covered but guess not. Or did my dealer do something shady by asking me to call Roadside?

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Just talked to Roadside who told me the first provider just marked it as complete without taking the vehicle. After arguing with them that they would charge me for a "second" event, they are now reassigning it to a new provider. I didn't realize that we only got one roadside event per year. You would think that the car being towed in for warranty work would always be covered but guess not. Or did my dealer do something shady by asking me to call Roadside?
Sadly they all just contract it out and you got a really crappy one. Funny part is the same one is most likely with AAA, the major insurance companies and even Ford.
I had to get my old car towed to the dealership one time. We called him out threw AAA but when he got there we were all talking with out Allstate insurance agent. Turns out threw our insurance it cost us less money and the kicker is the tow guy got paid the same. He flipped it over to our insurance's for us. It took him a phone call but he had no issue doing it.

OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Everyone contracts out towing, even AAA. Warranty towing should always be free. I can’t find anything that documents a limit on service calls for towing but it does include out or warranty and accident towing-if anything is limited it would be those events.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...ide-Assistance-version-8_su_EN-US_03_2017.pdf
Yeah, I was really surprised when he started to quote me a price because it was my second event. After some back and forth, he found the first event earlier today and off we went. The new guy has called me and seems competent so hopefully we are making progress.

It does sound like he is just going to drag it up on his flatbed so hopefully he doesn't break anything.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Road side service can be abysmal. I have had to call 4x for dead battery. I have a charger but can not get the hood open with the charger. Jumping car is a bit of a process. Why not just have those 2 leads jump the car rather than to just open hood?
1. No issue about an hour
2. Kept getting a text they would arrive in 60 min. After 3 hours called triple A
3. Kept getting same text for 60 min. Called Roadside assistance, they asked if i wanted to schedule it for the next morning. Really? Again called triple A. Made the first call to roadside at 5PM. I canceled call after triple A arrived. However, Ford Roadside called at 230 AM to tell me they were on the way and would be there in about 30 min.
4. Took 2 calls but they did arrive about 2 hours later.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Towing is free for 5 years.

Brochure

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Yeah, I was really surprised when he started to quote me a price because it was my second event. After some back and forth, he found the first event earlier today and off we went. The new guy has called me and seems competent so hopefully we are making progress.

It does sound like he is just going to drag it up on his flatbed so hopefully he doesn't break anything.
Jump the 12volt system and see if you can get it to go into emergency tow mode before they drag it. Both steps are in the manual.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Just curious, has anyone had much experience with Ford Roadside?

My Mach-E was dead this morning. Dead as can be, no response to anything, deep sleep in the app. Seems just like the earlier symptoms of dead 12V.

At any rate, I talked to dealer who requested I go roadside. That was 4 hours ago now and the car is still sitting at home. I'm thankful I have another vehicle to drive and am not on the side of the road. Is that the norm? Just a service they contract out and it's up to the sub how long it takes maybe?
I had to use roadside assistance to tow about 2 weeks ago. The initially estimated 1.5 hour response. After 2 hours, when the tow truck was a no show, I called again. Roadside guy tried calling the service provider. When he got no answer, he switched to a different provider, who did show on time.

OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
New provider was great. He did end up dragging it on, but it's at the dealer now.

Yes, I know I could have messed with the 12 volt system procedure. Quite frankly, after replacing the brakes on my wife's car over the weekend my desire to take things apart is nill. Too much work on this car, we'll let the dealer deal with it.

OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Well this is going to be the gift that just keeps giving. I just heard from the towing company that they hooked up to the battery frame when they towed it. Waiting to hear from the dealer on how badly they damaged it.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: ARK