Anybody get a different MME than ordered?

Gardensuz

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Landscape Designer
Country flag
In July I ordered a Premium MME with AWD. A week later I changed my design to AWD and EXT battery. I got a confirmation of the change. Now Ford has built and shipped my car without the extended battery. I am fuming mad and don't even want it at this point, although ill still most likely take it.

Anybody else had this happen??
Sponsored

tacobellcow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Ordered: '21 Select (Silver w/appearance pack)
Occupation
Advertising Sales
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. This has not happened to me but what did your order and window sticker say? Do the VINs match? Is it possible they sent the wrong order, or just didn't update? Are they charging you for the extended range battery? There's a lot to unpack here.

OP
OP

Gardensuz

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Landscape Designer
Country flag
window sticker said no extended battery, they are not charging me for it. VINS match

tacobellcow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Ordered: '21 Select (Silver w/appearance pack)
Occupation
Advertising Sales
Country flag
window sticker said no extended battery, they are not charging me for it. VINS match
Sounds like someone fucked up on their end. Did you order/reserve online or through a dealer? If the dealer has an order number can you check it and see if they put it in wrong? Never fun to place blame but if you can pinpoint the dealer error, maybe you can negotiate some sort of fix like an additional rebate on the vehicle, or something else.

Reactions: ARK

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

OP
OP

Gardensuz

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Landscape Designer
Country flag
Get in touch with @Ford Motor Company on the forum. They might be able to help.
I tried. They told me to contact my dealership, which I hate by now with all the bs I get. Supposedly I’ll get a discount on upgraded wheels which will be nice I guess

OP
OP

Gardensuz

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Landscape Designer
Country flag
Sounds like someone fucked up on their end. Did you order/reserve online or through a dealer? If the dealer has an order number can you check it and see if they put it in wrong? Never fun to place blame but if you can pinpoint the dealer error, maybe you can negotiate some sort of fix like an additional rebate on the vehicle, or something else.
Yeah the dealer sucks and f’d it up. Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park

• Sad
Reactions: ARK

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I tried. They told me to contact my dealership, which I hate by now with all the bs I get. Supposedly I’ll get a discount on upgraded wheels which will be nice I guess
If you raise hell, see if they might throw in a Ford Connected Charge Station ($800) because you will have to charge more often now, otherwise you will give them a piece of your mind on the mandatory survey Ford sends after you complete the purchase (which dealers sort of get worried about).

If you go through with the purchase, it’s not all bad - aside from the price saving, the SR versions are slightly more efficient because they weigh less, and most people could probably live with the SR range just fine, especially in OC where the winter range penalty will be minimal.

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
It is 100% the dealerships fault. The way Fords order system is set up makes it pretty much impossible for the wrong vehicle to be ordered. If it was Fords fault, you would be getting a brand new Mach-E with expedited status which means you would have it in a month or less.

Larva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
I had a similar thing happen to me. Ordered a GTPE w/Glass Roof/360 and got a standard GT. Worked it out with dealer. They ordered me a new one, sold me the current, and gave me a guarantee on depreciation rate that was favorable.
Sponsored