Anyone else cancel order?

Hdscreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
I cancelled my order in February but I have still been getting updates from Ford. Just got scheduled for production 08/01. Did anyone else that canceled still receive updates on vehicle? I got a Mach E in February off dealer lot which is why I cancelled my original order. I’m curious when dealer gets vehicle delivered if they will contact me to complete purchase. If they would still be willing to sell at msrp and I don’t lose too much on selling current one I’d be willing to upgrade.
Sponsored

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Your dealer allowed you to cancel your order but they did not cancel the order with Ford because they want to be able to sell that car when it arrives. Your name and contact info is still attached to that order and that is why you are getting the updates from Ford. Once the car arrives at the dealer the updates will stop and the dealer will sell it to another customer.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
You really don't have to cancel early (unless you really want that deposit back immediately) and when the time comes, decide and cancel then. Maybe you can tell the dealer you plan to upgrade now, but if you already got your deposit back, I assume the dealer won't play ball anymore since you already gave up any say to the car/deposit/$$.

If you had a 2021 job 2 car, then the upgrade might be less of a benefit other than 2022 vs. 2021 and you will lose the kick trunk gate, acoustic glass if you had that model.

court0901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select Space White
Country flag
I cancelled my order, still received all the updates and the dealer did call me when it was delivered.

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
You really don't have to cancel early (unless you really want that deposit back immediately) and when the time comes, decide and cancel then. Maybe you can tell the dealer you plan to upgrade now, but if you already got your deposit back, I assume the dealer won't play ball anymore since you already gave up any say to the car/deposit/$$.

If you had a 2021 job 2 car, then the upgrade might be less of a benefit other than 2022 vs. 2021 and you will lose the kick trunk gate, acoustic glass if you had that model.
I had an awesome dealer! I changed (canceled as it had been scheduled) my original order for a CR1 to upgrade to a Premium. They transferred the deposit to the new order. Months later I was checking on tthe status of the new order and the sales manager said they hadn’t started marketing my old order as it had just been released the day before. They sold it to me with price protection as my name was on the order at originally agreed price of MSRP. I’m waiting for the Premium to be built and I’ll decide then whether to upgrade. Meanwhile, I’ve been enjoying my CR1 for a couple months already.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
If you have enough credit you should’ve just bought it for a couple weeks and sold it I’ve done that twice already and I have two more on order. Made 8 to 10 grand after they were repaired and out of my life and I’m waiting for a new model. The car is extremely popular as well as being extremely flawed. Both bricked. One twice. Make lemonade out of lemons

Jes sayin. Still a fan.

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Cancelling an order is the equivalent of setting thousands of dollars on fire
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: ARK