roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
We bought our Mach E on May 14th and the deal told us about TCEQ-20684 the $2500 EV rebate program for Texas.
I filled out the paperwork and sent it over on May 16th and received this on May 27th.

"Hello,
We have received your application and it is in the que to be assigned to someone for review. If there is anything missing or if we need additional information, we will contact you by email.
Although applications and reservations may still be submitted while the program is open, please be aware that since opening on October 28, 2021, the program has received a vigorous response. The number of applications already received is expected to exceed the statutory limit of 2,000 awards available under the Hydrogen and Electric allocation and applications not yet received face diminishing odds of being funded.
Respectfully,
TERP Design and Coordination Team"

Has anyone here gotten the Texas EV rebate yet? Since the call-out word was vigorous in the email and the website showed a little under 500 completed applications back on the 16th I think my chances are slim that we will get the rebate.
I saw this being talked about on the F150 Lightning forum and they have people filling out requests for vehicles that have not yet been delivered. If that was your case I would also be interested if it worked out as well.
Sponsored

dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag
I submitted the rebate request back in December and I believe I got it in mid-February. But when I submitted the website still showed zero applications received.d

OP
OP

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I submitted the rebate request back in December and I believe I got it in mid-February. But when I submitted the website still showed zero applications received.d
Thanks for confirming. Texas is a big state fingers crossed they still have some funds. Wasn’t part of our decision to buy just a fun by product if we can get.

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
`21 MME Prem 4X w/GTPE wheels,`22 Hyundai Palisade
Occupation
Solutions Architect (software)
Country flag
When I bought last year (June 2021) the funds were depleted so I did not even file.

OP
OP

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When I bought last year (June 2021) the funds were depleted so I did not even file.
Bummer

So it was available in 2021. Any idea how many years they have offered rebates?

We Didn’t think TX even had a rebate program so it was a nice surprise.

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
Bummer

For 2021, the rebate came out at the end of October but they said purchases made on 9/1/21 and after would qualify.

They had this rebate a few times already since 2015 when I bought my Focus Electric. It's on and off so it's not every year.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
We bought our Mach E on May 14th and the deal told us about TCEQ-20684 the $2500 EV rebate program for Texas.
I filled out the paperwork and sent it over on May 16th and received this on May 27th.

"Hello,
We have received your application and it is in the que to be assigned to someone for review. If there is anything missing or if we need additional information, we will contact you by email.
Although applications and reservations may still be submitted while the program is open, please be aware that since opening on October 28, 2021, the program has received a vigorous response. The number of applications already received is expected to exceed the statutory limit of 2,000 awards available under the Hydrogen and Electric allocation and applications not yet received face diminishing odds of being funded.
Respectfully,
TERP Design and Coordination Team"

Has anyone here gotten the Texas EV rebate yet? Since the call-out word was vigorous in the email and the website showed a little under 500 completed applications back on the 16th I think my chances are slim that we will get the rebate.
I saw this being talked about on the F150 Lightning forum and they have people filling out requests for vehicles that have not yet been delivered. If that was your case I would also be interested if it worked out as well.
We received our $2500 TCEQ rebate within about 6 weeks of filing our application in early November ‘21. At the time the website showed 2 rebates had been processed so we got in early! Good luck to you!

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
`21 MME Prem 4X w/GTPE wheels,`22 Hyundai Palisade
Occupation
Solutions Architect (software)
Country flag
Bummer

Not sure. I did get a partial rebate back in 2014 when I leased a Fusion Energi though so at least that long.

JamesStew71

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Occupation
auto tech
Country flag
I also replied when only 315 were in, now its way over 2315- someone had worked on mine and I updated 1 piece for them, now waiting🤷‍♂️ asked in oct 21/ put in for it march 22

OP
OP

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven't gotten any updates from them since the last email I shared back at the end of May. I would think it's a small team of people working on the paperwork and with the overwhelming response, it may be a while before we see any updates.

I also replied when only 315 were in, now its way over 2315- someone had worked on mine and I updated 1 piece for them, now waiting🤷‍♂️ asked in oct 21/ put in for it march 22
At least you got confirmation they have it and are working on it. That's a good sign for you.

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Submitted forms at beginning of June, and got a request for 1 additional document July 15, which I provided by email that day. Nothing further yet.

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
Submitted forms at beginning of June, and got a request for 1 additional document July 15, which I provided by email that day. Nothing further yet.
You are very close to the 2,000th cutoff. Good luck.

OP
OP

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just looked today and this is what is being reported
Applications Received2300
Reservations Pending312
Total2612

Hydrogen or Electric Rebates Awarded (2000 maximum by statute) 566

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OP
OP

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got a follow up call today. The dealer provided two different license numbers so I had to confirm the correct one and I missed attaching a back page of one form. Progress!
Good luck to all those who made a request.
Sponsored