First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Amazon Link & EV-Vida Link

We used to use two pieces designed on our previous sunshade products made for other cars, which contain one mesh layer and one sliver-coated layer. those old versions make it tricky to install, and the reflective level is not perfect enough.

the new upgraded version we made for Mach E now has only one layer, which is much easier to install, and has better sun reflection.

If you haven't got one yet, give ours a shot, and now is the best time to get one, because PRIME DAY is coming up in 1 hour.

Ford Mustang Mach-E AOSK Upgraded Sunshade for Mach E, High reflective top layer 61HqP99jWyL._AC_SL1500_

Ford Mustang Mach-E AOSK Upgraded Sunshade for Mach E, High reflective top layer 91ezNqDQtxL._AC_SL1500_

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Looks interesting. What holds it in place?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Can it be installed reflective side down for winter use?

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
are these really needed when the glass is IR coated?
Plus the tint really does its job. I was in 96 deg heat with the sun directly over me and I could look up without any problems, and with my hand 3" away from the glass I could just barely feel warmth. So I too wonder if it's needed.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Plus the tint really does its job. I was in 96 deg heat with the sun directly over me and I could look up without any problems, and with my hand 3" away from the glass I could just barely feel warmth. So I too wonder if it's needed.
yes, it really depends on where you live, and if you think its needed.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Can it be installed reflective side down for winter use?
the reflective layer we have on this product is very similar to the inner layer in some down coat, which they use to keep the body warm. but the car interior is a pretty large open space, i doubt if it could serve that purpose efficiently.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
the reflective layer we have on this product is very similar to the inner layer in some down coat, which they use to keep the body warm. but the car interior is a pretty large open space, i doubt if it could serve that purpose efficiently.
You'd be surprised, this improved my cabin temps by 5ºC in the winter:

Reflectix Panoramic Roof Insulation Test

Ford Mustang Mach-E AOSK Upgraded Sunshade for Mach E, High reflective top layer mach-e-reflectix-roof-

Personally I think it should be marketed as improving cabin heat and increasing range rather than keeping the car cool. The coatings on the glass do a pretty good job blocking the solar radiation already, but the roof is a huge heat loss in the winter.

Last edited:

geftsnowball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E, Grabber Blue, Premium AWD ER
Country flag
are these really needed when the glass is IR coated?
I don't have this one from AOSK, but I think these do make a noticeable difference.

My personal experience: I tossed one on for a couple weeks then took it off recently so the kiddo could see the sky/clouds and definitely noticed a difference on a long mid day drive. Felt like I had to run the AC harder to keep cool and I could absolutely feel the heat coming down on the back of my neck. Less noticeable for short trips around town but I'll absolutely be putting it back up before any longer trips during the hottest part of the day.

I was a bit skeptical about whether or not it made a difference and that maybe I wasted my money buying one but was surprised to actually feel a difference after taking it down.

Regardless, fine either way!

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Amazon Link & EV-Vida Link

We used to use two pieces designed on our previous sunshade products made for other cars, which contain one mesh layer and one sliver-coated layer. those old versions make it tricky to install, and the reflective level is not perfect enough.

the new upgraded version we made for Mach E now has only one layer, which is much easier to install, and has better sun reflection.

If you haven't got one yet, give ours a shot, and now is the best time to get one, because PRIME DAY is coming up in 1 hour.

Ford Mustang Mach-E AOSK Upgraded Sunshade for Mach E, High reflective top layer mach-e-reflectix-roof-

Mine arrived today. Perfect fit, goes in easily (once you can manage to wrangle it 🤣). You can still see the sun, which was a surprise as I thought the reflective layer would block it, but it still does a great job of blocking it more than the tint, which already blocks it well. It's over 80 here today, and it definitely seemed to keep the vehicle cooler. Thanks!

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Mine arrived today. Perfect fit, goes in easily (once you can manage to wrangle it 🤣). You can still see the sun, which was a surprise as I thought the reflective layer would block it, but it still does a great job of blocking it more than the tint, which already blocks it well. It's over 80 here today, and it definitely seemed to keep the vehicle cooler. Thanks!
Thank you for the feedback!

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
It was out of stock previously for a couple of weeks. it's now finally back in stock!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Personally I think it should be marketed as improving cabin heat and increasing range rather than keeping the car cool. The coatings on the glass do a pretty good job blocking the solar radiation already, but the roof is a huge heat loss in the winter.
That wouldn't be successful. The reason products like these sell for the Mach-E is the misconception of the consumer that they're needed to keep the heat out. Despite numerous people in hot climates saying they are not needed, including those that actually measured temperatures, people buy them.

If you then tried saying they retain warmth in the winter, you'd be battling both the limited part of the country that needs that warmth and then those swearing it wasn't needed because no cold is radiating in. If you tried to prove that cold was radiating in (it's a block of glass that gets real cold so it has to), you'd fight the argument on the heat side, "if it radiates cold, why doesn't it radiate heat"?
Sponsored